Sliding door autosleeper symbol leak (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The Vendee microclimate has gone to be replaced by rain. We had a leak, the rear edge of the sliding door. It appears to be shut from the outside but if you look up when inside the van there is a narrow Chinese of light between seal and door at rear end, about 6cm long . Obviously we will get our trusty garage man on the case on our return but any easy adjustments tips to try meanwhile would be appreciated, I have a spanner ,duct tape and a couple of screw drivers .on the up side the bad weather has made us get out on our bikes and the lovely cycle paths and helped get my confidence back, still dont understand the gears though! Ta muchly:Smile::Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
There is a mod to stop the leak, rubber strip, don't fiddle with the door, providing this is a late version of Fiat/Peugot PVC

Peter

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Not knowing the age of your Symbol but if on the old shape Boxer, then the rear striker is adjustable by loosening the centre pin with a ring spanner. There is not a lot of room to move the spanner but it is possible by a tiny turn each time. The striker will only need a slight movement to close the door tighter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks, its from 2003, I don't think I will touch anything but will find out what a mod is from Peter, thanks. :Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a simple temporary fix without adjusting the door is to pop into a diy store and buy some stick on rubber draught proofing tape. just cut off a length and stick it to the door where the seal is supposed to touch. the adhesive on it needs to have a dry and clean surface to ensure it stays put and wont leak.

when you get home any garage or particularly a bodyshop will adjust the door for you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back