Sleeping in the overcab bed (1 Viewer)

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
MY OH has just raised a last minute issue about the prospect of us sleeping in the overcab bed - he's saying that it will be unbearably hot and stuffy up there in hot weather or when abroad. The model we are looking at has both a roof vent and window up there - is it likely to be as big an issue as he is predicting?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
MY OH has just raised a last minute issue about the prospect of us sleeping in the overcab bed - he's saying that it will be unbearably hot and stuffy up there in hot weather or when abroad. The model we are looking at has both a roof vent and window up there - is it likely to be as big an issue as he is predicting?

On the whole not a big problem. But would depend just where you are and how much sun. The whole vehicle is a tin box ready to cook you if you can't keep the windows open.

We were logging 25 deg C up there recently in Italy which demanded little cover and the vent open. The outside air temp was 35.

Being up there when it is cold is of course beneficial.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
We had an american c class with windows either end a great bed until you need to go somewhere at 2 in the morning :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
And in the Eldiss there is a bloomin draught from the two small windows which makes it cool even on hot summer nights .... as stated the worst problem is climbing over your partner in the middle of the night to go to the loo without banging your head.:Eeek:

OP
OP
W

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
Thanks all! Yes, my issue with the overcab bed is the prospect of a 2am rush to find the ladder and the loo after a night testing out the local wine!

I guess I'm also back to the height of the bed - I guess it'll feel a whole lot stuffier if there's less clearance between bed and roof. Movan - your Elddis draft sounds like a pain in the neck - and probably quite literally, I guess!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back