Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Just found out yesterday how to use SKYPE on my PC. Been talking to friends and family from Spain :Smile:for free ever since. What a great system. Wish I had found out about it earlier Would have saved loads of cash!!:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Good Eh...
Now for the webcam.:thumb:One of the best ways to keep in touch.May it stay free (in most cases).

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Skype is fantastic, I use it all day. I pay the £1.95 a month subscription and for that I get the free skype to skype member calls worldwide, I also get to call to any landline in the UK any time of the day or night for free, and the best bit, they gave me a real land line number. I chose one from Oxford as thats where my mum lives, that means if she wants to call me, no matter where I am in the world its just a local call for her.
Skype Rocks -The call quality these days is as good as a landline.

Skype £1.95 deal Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i used skype to contact my bank when my cards were refused in San-francisco. (forgot to tell 'em i was going :Doh:)

20 minute skype call from yank-land to blighty = 17pence.:thumb:

imagine the cost on the hotel phone or even a call box......mobile:Eeek: dont even go there.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Don't use Skype all that often - mainly to ring a cousin in Cape Town and a mate in Wolverhampton who is always on for ages when I ring :Smile:

By coincidence I downloaded the latest version yesterday and the audio & video quality both seem to be improved quite a bit. Maybe I'll start using it more often now :Smile:

Graham

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
I have used Skype for a number of years now, mainly with a web cam to see and talk to friends from all parts of the world. Only in the last few weeks I had my son in Thailand on the cam and was great to see his face as well as the voice. It was all for free, obviously if you want cheap phone calls its very good but I prefer the video aspect. In fact just before writing I was onto a friend in Holland having a long chat over our plans for Spain Etc, in March or so.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back