EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I don't think it is necesary to respond with any further detail, it gets too complex and is also beyond me.

I have made my points in clarifying the OPs situation of giving up Sky's subscription and
identifying that there is no immediate free capacity on the alternative. SatandPC is confirming there is no immediate likelyhood of further channels on Freesat without a reshuffle which will take time even if it is agreed! This is a great shame for those unwilling to pay Sky and who cannot receive reliable Freeview.

In my view all free to view PSB channels should not be encrypted and should be available to all and not just to those who can afford to pay Sky's subscription charges.

ezee

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
In my view all free to view PSB channels should not be encrypted and should be available to all and not just to those who can afford to pay Sky's subscription charges.

All BBC channels are classed as PSB, as are ITV1 C4 Five and S4C - all available to all on all digital platforms without subscription or viewing card.

Some broadcasters also offer PSB responsibilities in other ways (like ITV offering childrens programmes via CITV)

Others like Fiver Five USA, ITV2,3,4 are not classed as PSB by OFCOM (regulator) and the broadcasters can do with them whatever they want to - ie free or subscription.

Last edited:

unitedgirl

Free Member
Oct 27, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If I lived in the UK, I would be more hacked off about paying the TV License fee, with all the dross and repeats they show on the BBC, I think it's an outrage!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back