Sky tv in MH (1 Viewer)

D

dazza

Deleted User
Hi All

I have Sky HD at home but was wondering if i can use my old Sky box in our motorhome, i now some people that have had sat systems installed in thier MH but they seam to cost around £500 QUID!!! WOW.

So what size dish would we need for Europe! and would any1 know the best place to buy the stuff from, our MH is 35 feet long it already has 2 flat screen tv's and dvd players installed.

Bunny

Free Member
Oct 25, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi we used to use our old sky box in our motorhome but has since bought a smaller version just to save space.

Watching our regional news in the middle on the Alps sold the whole idea of satellite tv to me. ::bigsmile:

It is a shame however that my wife and I are still forced (by our children) to watch CBBC.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

dazza

Deleted User
Hi we used to use our old sky box in our motorhome but has since bought a smaller version just to save space.

Watching our regional news in the middle on the Alps sold the whole idea of satellite tv to me. ::bigsmile:

It is a shame however that my wife and I are still forced (by our children) to watch CBBC.:Angry:

I have herd that you need a 60cm dish for use in Belgium, we r going there in July for 2 weeks water ski racing

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
just got back from spain we used a 85 cm dish on a tripod with a twin lnb and a sky plus box .no problem can use it in most of europe .
we are looking at a new van soon so will be selling system .

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Sky in m/h

Hi Dazza

As said by others, your sky box in your rv will work very well.

If you want a portable sat. dish, we have used a maxview kit, (dish, tripod, 10m lead and sat finder) they are still available, close on £200.00, but worth it. The main advantage of this kit is its flexibility in finding a signal sight line, especially on some sites in France/Spain/ etc. If you go this way, may I suggest you obtain a 2nd, 10 m sat cable, and fittings. I used the supplied sat cable to hard wire from an outside locker to the decoder, and used the 2nd one to connect from the locker to the sat dish. We have 10m of cable for sighting.

We have used this system as far as Gandia, Spain, on the southern beam, with success.

If you want a through the roof unit I suggest a chat with Roadpro, at RoadPro | Practical Products on the Move

Hope this helps

Nomadic

Sunty

Free Member
Dec 10, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Swift Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2002
I have used a 40cm Zehnder multimo (£140) with same brand sat finder (£25) for last 5 years via our old sky box (legal 1 year after purchase in UK). Never fail to get excellent pictures throughout France/Spain/Holland/Switzerland/etc although certain programs are not as consistent in southern Spain. Watch programmes on laptop & 9" flat screen. Total cost is quite modest provided you are prepared to set it up yourself. After short trials you should be able to watch Sky after 5 mins maximum. Recently bought tripod for £30 which helps. . (All from Road Pro) Arthur.

OP
OP
D

dazza

Deleted User
I have used a 40cm Zehnder multimo (£140) with same brand sat finder (£25) for last 5 years via our old sky box (legal 1 year after purchase in UK). Never fail to get excellent pictures throughout France/Spain/Holland/Switzerland/etc although certain programs are not as consistent in southern Spain. Watch programmes on laptop & 9" flat screen. Total cost is quite modest provided you are prepared to set it up yourself. After short trials you should be able to watch Sky after 5 mins maximum. Recently bought tripod for £30 which helps. . (All from Road Pro) Arthur.

Road Pro is a bit over the top with thier prices! nearly 500 quid for a sat system! all i need is a protable dish and 20 metres of cable and a sat finder! ebay

Bunny

Free Member
Oct 25, 2008
Devon
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi we have a 66 cm dish and in the middle of the Alps it was fantastic.:ROFLMAO:
For more info see maxview.co.uk.

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi we bought the whole folding dish/tripod/sky setup from SDS Link Removed.
If you already have the sky box I think they would sell just what you need. They were good to work with.
Nigel & Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back