6 yr
just looking at cris then found this 0845 009 1767

chopper1a.jpg
skytag_quote_2.gif
skytag_quote_1a.gif

homepic6.jpg
spacer10.gif

small3.jpg

Skytags are formulated to take up to 5 times longer to remove than standard graphics supplied by vehicle sign companies

Welcome to Skytag

Skytag roof top security markings for caravans, motorhomes, commercial vehicles, horse boxes and box trailers are at the forefront of the fight against the high level of theft affecting these sectors of the motor industry.

On purchase you are supplied with a code for the roof of your unit. The details are placed on the Skytag database, making it immediately traceable by Police/Port Authorities and Security Services both in the UK and overseas.

Whether at home or abroad, should your unit be stolen, you need only make a phone call to the Police local to the incident. This sets in motion the awareness of the Police network, spreading to national Police services, entry & exit Port Authorities and Border Controls (e.g. The Channel Tunnel) with your details - thus maximising the chances of a quick recovery.

Registration Number - Post Code

OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
Good morning,

Thank you for contacting us.

You wrote ‘hi how much is a kit for a motor home please’

Unfortunately we do not register Motorhomes, this will need to be done Via the DVLA.

Kind regards

Christopher Wright

Customer Service Representative

NCC CRiS Ltd

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What kind of a reply is that !!!!!!!

For their cheek/incompetance i wouldnt bother.

And it takes times longer to remove that other graphics.......have you ever tried removing enamel paint ?

I also see another problem......the police arent going to scramble the neaerest helicopter just to look for your van.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I've always thought it a utter waster of time, and as often as not, I agree that the Police simply don't have the money to fly helicopters around.

Especially when for a few pounds you can be told exactley where it is, and for about four hundred you can know exactley where it is, and it will be where you left it due to remote engine shutdown making key theft a thing of the past

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
I've been with Tracker for many years. I recently upgraded to their Tracker Locate scheme and the cost for installation and 3 years subscription was less than £650.

The thing that I like about this particular package is that it employs what they call their Mesh Network, which doesn't only depend on police helicopters and suitably equipped patrol cars.

The signal given out by the stolen vehicle is picked up by other vehicles fitted with similar equipment and that information is then transmitted back to their control room, thus increasing the opportunity for the stolen vehicle to be located quickly.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
"Whether at home or abroad, should your unit be stolen, you need only make a phone call to the Police local to the incident. This sets in motion the awareness of the Police network, spreading to national Police services, entry & exit Port Authorities and Border Controls (e.g. The Channel Tunnel) with your details - thus maximising the chances of a quick recovery."

They are having a laugh.... Police, Port Authorities, Channel Tunnel have APN cameras which will check that "Code" you already have on your Van.
Your number plate....

What a total waste of time and money.......

Do you really think Police will be scrambling helicopters to look for your "missing" Van.
As Eddie VB says, if you are worried, pay a few hundred quid and you can be properly sorted.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Slightly off topic, but, why do the Police get helicopter paid for by the state, yet Air Amblulances have to be provided and maintained by voluntry donation?

Never really seen the need for Plod to have helicopters to do their job? The only possible one I could think of would be missing person, but wouldn't an Air Ambulance be able, suitably equipped, be able to undertake a dual role and be on scene should the missing person be injured?

Or would the Chief Constable miss out on his Jollies?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They are having a laugh.... Police, Port Authorities, Channel Tunnel have APN cameras which will check that "Code" you already have on your Van.
Your number plate....

Yes ,you would think so wouldn't you ? Yet my nephew drove down here last year at begining of February from Essex where he lives quite close to the 'interceptors' location. He was here until just after easter & then returned home. At the end of May he renewed his tax online , only to be told that the " vehicle has no mot " ?':LOL::LOL: Turns out when he had it serviced & mot'd in september '12 they failed to put it in online !!! So he'd driven around all over from september 2012 until feb. 2013 then down to & through the eurotunel across France & down to here in Murcia. Then he returned the same way. In 8 months Not one camera picked up the lack of an mot ??

Slightly off topic, but, why do the Police get helicopter paid for by the state, yet Air Amblulances have to be provided and maintained by voluntry donation?

Never really seen the need for Plod to have helicopters to do their job? The only possible one I could think of would be missing person, but wouldn't an Air Ambulance be able, suitably equipped, be able to undertake a dual role and be on scene should the missing person be injured?

Or would the Chief Constable miss out on his Jollies?

That's exactly what I always ask . The answer is that this is what the government thinks about the general population.want to keep them under control.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
What kind of a reply is that !!!!!!!

For their cheek/incompetance i wouldnt bother.

And it takes times longer to remove that other graphics.......have you ever tried removing enamel paint ?

I also see another problem......the police arent going to scramble the neaerest helicopter just to look for your van.

Remove Enamel Paint ! Paint over it , just as you could with the Graphics.;)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Remove Enamel Paint ! Paint over it , just as you could with the Graphics.;)
Yes you could do that.......which makes their use pointless again.

You might have some explaining to do to a future buyer regarding a whole load of enamel paint on the roof for no good reason though.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Yes you could do that.......which makes their use pointless again.

You might have some explaining to do to a future buyer regarding a whole load of enamel paint on the roof for no good reason though.

As you indicated I wouldn't have them,but you suggested Enamel paint!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back