Dec 6, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass Suntor 400RL
Exp
Since 2016
Hi
I have just purchased a MH with a Sky dish, Pace Sky box. The question is can I purchase a sky card to use in MH without having to have sky at home? I hope I have made myself understood!!!!!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
No, you will only get the free channels through the sky network, I had similar and just bought a humax freesat and replaced it, works a treat..

OP
OP
Localdave

Localdave

Free Member
Dec 6, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass Suntor 400RL
Exp
Since 2016
humax freesat? I will have a look. I may sound a bit (no comments please) stupid but what does it give you? and do I need anything else to go with it. We are going to Spain end of April to end of May and would like to know we can get some UK tv. Last year on our travels through Europe we only had local tv or none.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Freesat gives you more or less the same channels as you get with Freeview.

Humax is just a brand, there are loads of others. Some of them give you features like recording, others are just basic receivers.

If the van also came with a TV it would be worth checking that before you buy anything. Many of the newer ones will have a Freesat decoder built in so you can just connect the satellite dish directly to the TV.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
You can get 'Freesat from Sky' by buying a card for £25, this will give you more channels than Freesat alone.

Broken Link Removed

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
What size is the sat dish? I don't think you will pick up much in Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
A Sky box, even without a sky viewing card, receives more "free to air" (ie non subscription) channels than there are on the Freesat EPG.

(A few channels that are on Freeview - UKTV via a tv aerial - are PAY on satellite)

The "freesat from sky" card only unlocks a handful of other encrypted but subscription free channels - LFCTV, Sony Movies, 4music, "Local TV".

Reception in Spain varies a lot. SOme areas you can get the likes of BBC ITV on an 80cm dish, other areas needs a 4 or 5m dish. But with an 80cm dish no matter where you are you will still always be able to receive some UK TV channels...Sky News, Pick, Challenge, for example...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back