Sky problems in Spain and France (1 Viewer)

PeeAndDee

Free Member
Aug 20, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T Line 740
Exp
3 months
Hi all

We have been touring Spain and France for over 6 weeks and still have a few weeks to go but have started having problems receiving Sky programmes through our Sk+HD box coupled to an Oyster 85 dish.

For the first week or so everything went fine but then as we got further south, and I am not sure if this may be the reason for our problems, we kept getting error messages every time that we opened up the dish and tried to turn on the TV.

When we first arrive at a new site we keep and turn on the TV we get the message "Your Sky+HD Box is still initialising please return in a short time to use this feature" the problem is that this error message can last for anything from a few hours to a full 3 days as we are currently finding on a site in the centre of France with no TV programmes being available.

Also sometimes when we first receive the dish we see a brief message saying LNB Error!

Can anybody advise us please.

Regards

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
@Satandpcguy
Jon will see this and might be able to help, we had sky a while ago but prefer free sat, we have no problem in Javea with a 1.4m dish. :LOL: Bob

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
the message "Your Sky+HD Box is still initialising please return in a short time to use this feature" means your Sky box cannot locate the data it needs to function from frequency 11778. This frequency should be easily available in Spain and France on that sized dish, it being on the Eurobeam..

Either your connection to "input 1" on your Sky+HD box is not good, or your dish is not on the right satellite, or if you say you have an "lnb error", you have an LNB error or cable connection issue...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
The message "LNB error" is most likely the cause of the problem. I'm assuming that you have a Vision II Oyster which will always return to it's previous lock position before starting a search. Because of this it will go up and look like it's pointed (if you're not fully aware of where the Satellite is in the Sky) and when the system tries to initialise a search the LNB error message will appear on the screen and will prevent it from starting the search.
Usually, the main cause of this problem will be damaged or oxidised connections at the LNB which, if replaced, should cure the problem.
If you think this may be the case then please give me a call on 01858575928 and I can talk you through what you will need to do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back