Sky on a Dreambox

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Gonewiththewind, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind

Ratings:
    +35
    Hi, for a couple of years now I have put my sky box in the van so that I could continue the service that I pay for. Heard that the dreambox could read the sky card without pairing.
    Now have Dreambox and need software to enable the reading of Sky card (that I subscribe to). Any body know who or where this can be done.

Thanks

Don

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +35,437
    Hi Don

can't help personally but I know a man who can .. Shane, better know as Snelly, a keen motorhomer and on several forums is well clued up on the Dreambox.. he has his own site, contact him here

can't post a link, blocked for some reason .. search Snellyvision

hth

Jim

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  3. evans88

evans88

Ratings:
    +1
    Will a Dreambox decode the new type Sky cards which I understand are different from those used previously?

4. Satandpcguy

Satandpcguy Funster

Ratings:
    +326
    a dreambox could easily read the old blue sky cards, incluiding the sports and movie channels...

i know that they can , like other "multicam" receiver, read the "6 mixes" but not 100% sure about the sports and movie channels...you may need to do a lot of searching and software download and maybe even a special programmable cam (dragon cam...?)