Sky Lights and Roof Vents: Help (1 Viewer)

The DATeam

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Having been a tugger for years, and now a motorhomer I need some help on a problem that has vexed me for years, HOW do you clean out sky lights and roof vents? Just come back indoors from getting our Motorhome ready for the off, everything is clean, aired, gas full, bed made etc and then I look up and aaagh! there are black bits, birch tree seeds and other small bits of detritus in and around the sky light roof vents. Is there a secret cleaning tool that I do not know about for cleaning in and around the clear vents? Any help appreciated. Frustrated.
P.S. Have tried leaving the blinds across, defeats the object of lying in bed looking up at the stars.

Reactions: CWH

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If it's double glazed, the only way I've found to clean properly is to completely remove the window, dismantle the two panes and wash in warm soapy water..

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I also have completely removed the skylights and then washed and hosed them out, they looked great for the first few months :rolleyes:
I have also used a clean rag wrapped around a long handled bottle brush and carefully inserted it between the panes before carefully wiping it around inside, again it looked good for the first few months :rolleyes:
I have also removed one of the small bungs from the skylight, Hymer 584, and with a Heath Robinson contraption that I made up I inserted a drinking straw attached to something else attached to something else attached to the vacuum cleaner nozzle and hoovered out the debris, the result, the window began to cavitate due to the suction and although most of the rubbish was removed the remainder remained the remainder :rolleyes: and the static created meant that the remainder stuck temporarily to the perspex, again it looked good for the first few months.
I have realized that if I don't look at it I don't see it, I suppose it looks good (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Send the mother in law up on her broomstick, with a wet rag.....no, not the wife......:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back