Sky Go for F1 in France? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Could a Sky Go box work abroad? I have one with some Sky Sports day vouchers, just wondering if it would be worth taking it abroad to watch the F1, if it is excluded in the European zone due to rights agreements, or if in fact the box itself will work there. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No. Sky Go only works in the UK and I believe Ireland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thought so. I just hoped that there was a loop hole in Sky's system.

There might well be one. IP masking or something like that. If you manage to find it let me know what it is. (y)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Don't know why I bother sometimes!

:cooler:

Belated bump for this one as I have a similar query. I am wanting to use SkyGo on my laptop then through tv next week when I am away in Luxembourg. How does this VPN proxy thing work? Am I right in thinking it means basically telling your computer to show your location as UK even when actually somewhere else?

Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
I'm with MA on this one (see it's worth bothering :) ) - I have a Skygo box but last year in Spain I left it at home and used the Now TV app on my tablet to get Sky. Luckily I was at a site with a really good internet connection, plus I've got Motorhome WiFi to boost the signal to my pitch, and I also paid a couple of quid for a decent VPN, although I believe there are free ones out there. If you haven't got a good internet connection, don't bother as the slowness will drive you nuts.

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I
I'm with MA on this one (see it's worth bothering :) ) - I have a Skygo box but last year in Spain I left it at home and used the Now TV app on my tablet to get Sky. Luckily I was at a site with a really good internet connection, plus I've got Motorhome WiFi to boost the signal to my pitch, and I also paid a couple of quid for a decent VPN, although I believe there are free ones out there. If you haven't got a good internet connection, don't bother as the slowness will drive you nuts.
I now have Sky Now, and wondered which VPN you bought. Did it come with ads? I really hate those apps that just load themselves sometimes even if you declined, you wonder how they got there, and how valid they are, they could be spyware.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
I

I now have Sky Now, and wondered which VPN you bought. Did it come with ads? I really hate those apps that just load themselves sometimes even if you declined, you wonder how they got there, and how valid they are, they could be spyware.
I bought http://www.watchuktvabroad.net/ on a monthly basis (£5.99 pm) , I don't think there could have been adverts because once you've connected the VPN itself is invisible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back