Sky box (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
As the daughter has left home we have a spare sky box. Can I make use of this in moho. What size dish would I need, what about an invertor for when there is no 240v.What else do I need to know?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I had the same. I already had an inverter so I used that one for the box. When Vanbitz put my satellite system in, they put a 240v socket in the tv cupboard were the box would be put. We have Sky + at home and just re-code the card from that box to the MH if we need it but to be honest we don't use it much as the sat system has a decoder and we watch the stations from there and leave the new sky box to record at home. I got a SatFi RV system which is a dome and just for interest used it mid France and had all the channels I would expect and the Radio right down to the South. We decided on a Dome because many dishes are affected by strong winds and inclement weather which is typical of the UK - where we use it most, as it is generally too poor to sit outside and also we BritStop most weekends and if pub etc not open all day, can watch TV in bad weather or most importantly, discreetly.

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
I had the same. I already had an inverter so I used that one for the box. When Vanbitz put my satellite system in, they put a 240v socket in the tv cupboard were the box would be put. We have Sky + at home and just re-code the card from that box to the MH if we need it but to be honest we don't use it much as the sat system has a decoder and we watch the stations from there and leave the new sky box to record at home. I got a SatFi RV system which is a dome and just for interest used it mid France and had all the channels I would expect and the Radio right down to the South. We decided on a Dome because many dishes are affected by strong winds and inclement weather which is typical of the UK - where we use it most, as it is generally too poor to sit outside and also we BritStop most weekends and if pub etc not open all day, can watch TV in bad weather or most importantly, discreetly.

@Zigisla can you tell me how you do this please. I have been moving the box into and out of the Hymer everytime, and I do have a spare Sky+ box,
so this would save me a lot of hassle.
Thanks
Lloyd

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
@Zigisla can you tell me how you do this please. I have been moving the box into and out of the Hymer everytime, and I do have a spare Sky+ box,
so this would save me a lot of hassle.
Thanks
Lloyd
Although it was a long time ago, I went to “activate my channels” on line and followed instructions. You need box number, card number and sign in details. Returning to home box was easier as it is done online via the box.
Broken Link Removed
Hopefully this system still works and Sky haven’t stopped the process.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Yes, it still works fine. I did it yesterday and I do it regularly. :whistle:

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Resurrecting an old thread !
Any one, does this still work ?
Thanks
Although it was a long time ago, I went to “activate my channels” on line and followed instructions. You need box number, card number and sign in details. Returning to home box was easier as it is done online via the box.
Broken Link Removed
Hopefully this system still works and Sky haven’t stopped the process.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back