Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
I have picked up a second hand sky plus box up for the MH
The question is do i need a card in it to view free sky channels ??
i've tried it tonight and it's saying contact sky as there is a problem with my card.
There are pre recorded programs on the box and it won't let me view them either !!!!
I have a Road pro auto-skew dome fitted so there is no problem with the satellite.
As anyone had the same problem ??

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Unless it's changed since I last looked into this, you do indeed need a card to watch anything on a Sky box, it used to be a one off payment of £22. This didn't give you access to recording functionality though and any recordings for "Pay" channels will only be available if the card has a subscription for those channels. I downgraded my home Sky once, not realising I had recorded program unwatched that I could no longer access DOH!

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
Vanman is spot on. We ditched Sky earlier this year. As we had a Sky+ box and Sky Card we can access the "free to Air" channels but the recording facility is de-activated.
You can always take the card from your home Sky Box (assuming you have one)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I have just attached a Sky box(the older smaller) type,and get a good picture through my Satellite ,there isn't a card in it and i get all channels + free view but obviously no Sky channels.

Upvote 0

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You should get Freeview channels without a card on some boxes , Assuming it works without a card the difference is you will get London news on BBC, by buying an unregitered card you can get registered and recieve your local news.
Unless you have Sky at home you will not get any other channels.
Also if you do have a new Sky HD box ,that card will not work in a Skyplus box.
You can buy Sky Freeview cards on Ebay, but get an unregistered one .
You may be better getting a freeview box ,at least all the channels are all together unlike your skybox where there all over the place.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back