LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
After seeing mousy pic I have just phoned and changed to bird watching:ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't worry too much millions of people ski every year and only a tiny percentage get injured especially like that. Just be sensible hire good quality equipment from a professional shop and have lessons with a qualified instructor and don't forget to smile::bigsmile:
Accidents can happen to anybody but your more likely to have a good time than end up in hospital. Personally I think crossing the road in London is more dangerous than skiing with all those mental cyclists.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Not quite as glamorous as you lot, Sophie and me are heading to Glencoe in two weeks for our first attemp at sking. We will be taking the motorhome and camping at the ski resort.

Hope you all have a good trip you never know if we enjoy it we might venture further afield next time.

Is there snow on the slopes at the moment Gerry? I keep reading conflicting reports.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm no expert Sandra but according to their website there is a good covering of snow, they had to close the slopes the other day due to wind. Think it was effecting the ski lift.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I'm no expert Sandra but according to their website there is a good covering of snow, they had to close the slopes the other day due to wind. Think it was effecting the ski lift.

First time I ever experienced 100 mph wind was skiing in Scotland 20 years ago terrifying. :Eeek:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Returned from Les Rousses couple of days ski, Free 15 min electric hookup as Jonandshell recommended site to me, only x3 other vans around. Went onto Les Gets 9 euro nightly if collected by local sheriff, good snow and ski. visited Morsine sorry no ....... tab on laptop. you can park at carfour store or below lift to Avorias sorry again no ... working.
Made way down to Vercland big aire with Flot but only van on aire and could not Ski back, so ended up at Samoens village, outside camp site on car park as you cross the bridge, x1 other van been their couple months, advised No probs parking provide you do not cause any trouble. campsite has hook up and showers if you need a change/charge small cost.
Going back to Ski half term 14/2/14 with son and Grandson to Morillon supposed to be parking by tennis courts.
Just retired so taking all the best bits early:thumb:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
How was the snow at Les Rousses?
Our nephew is hoping for lots so he can ski around some of the trees.

Glad he's got a new helmet!::bigsmile:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
should be okay now, couple of greens were closed, but over the border better runs. As you know x3 days is enough so you may need to look down the road for a :RollEyes:change.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We are only stopping for a day. Just for a stopover to relax from the driving.
It will be a good opportunity to get back in the swing of things!::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Bedding down at home tonight and on the way in the morning, see you soon,

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Jon call or text me when you see this. ... I've lost ya number. ....3 valleys closed today due to high winds

Jan 16, 2013
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2009
Its montgenevre for us.
We left our van in Isla plana storage in early feb having had a great time at camping los madriles. we are returning on 5th March to move onto benidorm for a few days then next stop montgenevre. We stayed there last year and the aire was great. heated cabin for water and waste plus elec at 10 euro a night which gets cheaper the longer you stay. We will then head home possibly via les gets which we also love.

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Not quite as glamorous as you lot, Sophie and me are heading to Glencoe in two weeks for our first attemp at sking. We will be taking the motorhome and camping at the ski resort.

Hope you all have a good trip you never know if we enjoy it we might venture further afield next time.

We were at Glencoe last week and they've got plenty of snow. If the wind drops and the cloud lifts you'll have a great time, excellent conditions. They have level hard standing for caravans/motorhomes with electric for £15 per night, although we didnt use it just stopped in carpark. Showers £1 for 5 mins.

We also had a look at Nevis Range, looks impressive and with a huge carpark, may be suitable for overnight stay, but can't confirm.

On to Cairngorm's, blizzard conditions no chance of skiing.

So we ended up at Glenshee. They are having to dig out the ski lifts as they're burried in snow. Here they have 5 dedicated motorhome parking bays opposite piste groomer garage, with electric for £5 per night. Excellent skiing, weather permitting.

If your going to use any of these places and you get the weather right you'll have a great time but I'd avoid the weekends it can get manic.

Have fun

Pete

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well we arrived safe and sound.....

Drove well in to the night last night.

Couldn't believe how little snow there was anywhere until we reached resort.....

Loads of snow here .had to put snow chains in to get on pitch and must of burnt out clutch trying to get on chocks. ..

Resort looks good although to be honest Grand bornand does look a little limited to us compared to VT but will check it out in the morning. . Happy to report that we are getting banging wifi with Jims booster thing. .

So on to the slopes tomorrow chasing the boys down witmy new skis on.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Couldn't believe how little snow there was anywhere until we reached resort.....

Loads of snow here .had to put snow chains in to get on pitch and must of burnt out clutch trying to get on chocks. ..

Resort looks good although to be honest Grand bornand does look a little limited to us compared to VT but will check it out in the morning. . Happy to report that we are getting banging wifi with Jims booster thing. .

You wont catch em :ROFLMAO:
Have a great time guys. :thumb:
We're off soon.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

Hope you have a great time. Wish we were there too.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
[HI]

[/HI]

New ski`s, take it you are gunning for next olympic trials or hoping to be spotted as your super fit.:thumb:

Have a great time and all enjoy.
Ski`s in Van , i`m off to Morillon with son and Grandson (boarders) .:Eeek:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ha ha all ready now to hit the slopes. .loads of Brits here even people in burstners :)

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Had some strange txts from Grande Bornand last night!:Eeek:

Les Rousses was a nice spot, free parking and services but at 10 degrees, it was sweltering! The plus side was the rain made the skiing fast and furious!
VT has been mild too, just minus 5 last night. Weve had a foot of snow in the last 24 hrs with no let up.
Great off piste powder, but if only you knew where you were!!!!!
On piste, the fresh snow has made lots of challenging bumps. Not so good for learners, but great for us suicidal types!:thumb:

The next 5 days will go too quickly I fear....:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back