Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Les Deux Alpes 27 th Dec:Smile:

HA HA,,,, Now ive got you all fit, your off skiing....:ROFLMAO:

Morzine ?

try here.

Broken Link Removed

Morzine, Portes du Soleil 1000m.

When the contributor visited the resort in April 2003 he was told that you can park in Morzine 1000m under the Gondola that goes up to Avoriaz 1800m. This is useful late in the season although I think one could park there at other times as well.

Access to the parking area is at the bottom of the town opposite the Sports Centre and is accessed via the bus station past the Post Office. You continue through Place de la Poste and then into Route du Plan and continue past a timber mill until the end and park next to tennis courts and skate park opposite to the funicular which takes you up to the Gondola. Above you should see a suspension bridge across the River Dranse which takes you to the Sports Centre and Patinoire.

There are no facilities although there is a toilet next to the supermarket in the Bus Station. You can always travel back to Les Gets to service the van.

A ‘Petit Train’ runs from the Gondola to the Cable Car up to Pleney 1600m.

Conditions can be good late in the season with the benefit of longer days and clear roads. www.morzine-avoriaz.com/

Les Marmottes Camp site outside of Morzine is located in Essert-Romand authentic Savoy village in the heart of the French Alps famous PORTES DU SOLEIL, only 5 minutes away from MORZINE-AVORIAZ.

It is a very good campsite although small with 30 pitches (You need to book). The very friendly chatty owner speaks perfect English. Campsite is connected to Morzine by public bus. This costs €1 into Morzine and €1 back each day. The campsite is quite remote with only one bar/ restaurant Le Petite Auberge (very good) in walking distance. Easy cruising around Morzine and Les Gets. Quite pricey campsite €25 per night. The site has modern sanitary blocks including a baby bathroom.

There is electricity on all pitches (3,6,10 Amp). On the site can also be found washing and drying machines and a heated ski boot room.

A baker delivers in the morning (only in high season). There is also gas propane delivery (13 and 35 Kg)

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Aw I'm gonna miss skiing with my mate George this year and a welcome beer after Especially after we'd been through the snowpark ::bigsmile:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We stayed at Les Marmottes this summer, fabulous campsite. We may do Morzine ourselves in February, probably package tour tho as I can't really fit a good 6 days skiing in if we drive there. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Yep, floats my boat just right, the same week as us...

See you in the pool, :Cool: :Cool:

Jon, Jon, that's right I said the pool.....

Oh BTW, don't use too much electric for all those lights and heaters, :whistle:

JON JON JON I said electric.....

we hope to arrive on the 15th, Im typing this whilst working in A&E, just had a chair thrown at me, (it's ok it missed) all I could think of when I ducked was it's an overtime shift and this one will buy the ski passes. :roflmto:

Pah!!!!

Hookup is for girls!

Real men get their electicity from their manly batteries, in between battling with the polar bears and living in snow holes!:roflmto:

You could wear your ski helmet to work Paul. It might not be a good idea to have a knock on the head, you might have a funny turn and do something silly like book parking at VT!:Doh:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just returned from Morzine ( not in the motorhome tho!!) fabulous week in Chalet Alice. Can't recommend it highly enough. Fantastic chalet hosts, amazing meals, daily runs to varying lifts and a great week on the snow. They could do with some snow now however, looking a bit sparse. We will probably take the mh down in the summer again and take more time to look a round the area. ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm all waxed and ready,,,,just looking for some new shirt skis and I'm off:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We reckon to leave about 26/27 Feb for 2 to 3 weeks. Not making any set plans just gonna see where we end up , although we'll probably head for La Plagne to start depending on snow conditions. Hoping to visit a few ski resorts and do few days in each.
Did go out and buy new helmets last week as we checked ours and they were over 7 years old, I'm a stormtrooper now.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
right van packed off to the snow, planned la Bresse but lack of snow so will head for Les Rousses couple of days and then onto le grand Bornand :coolthumb: ( any aires to park around ?) then who knows.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Free aire at Les Rousses!

La Balancier, I think its called. 50m to the lift!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
How's the preparation going folks?

The kids are clothed, skis are waxed and stowed away, ski wear packed, buckets, spade, brush, snow chains and ladder packed, heater and fridge tested, diesel filter drained, screenwash topped up, satnav programmed, everything booked!

Just shopping to do and a few undies and socks to put in!:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We're nearly ready van passed mot last week got to get a new 25 litre plastic water container as son borrowed one :winky: never see that again.
Got ourselves new helmets for this year gonna arrange skis this weekend and book chunnel then we're ready to go.
Not sure where we're going yet as the snows not great everywhere but defiantly not VT again. Probably start at La Plagne then after 4 or 5 days head somewhere else.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We are doing a couple of days at Les Rousses en route to VT.

VT is just so convenient for the morning ski school run! Next year will be different, both the kids will be proficiently parallel by then and then distance from the van to the slopes will be less of an issue.

That site at Grand Bornand that Haggers raves on about sounds OK for a few days. Then again, we have snow tyres now, so Germany is an option too!::bigsmile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We are doing a couple of days at Les Rousses en route to VT.

VT is just so convenient for the morning ski school run! Next year will be different, both the kids will be proficiently parallel by then and then distance from the van to the slopes will be less of an issue.

That site at Grand Bornand that Haggers raves on about sounds OK for a few days. Then again, we have snow tyres now, so Germany is an option too!:BigGrin:

Yeah we may also visit Grand Bornard.
Strange you should say that we are still considering Germany for some strange reason I've always fancied skiing there. We were looking at the ski resorts and parking areas the other night.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Yeah we may also visit Grand Bornard.
Strange you should say that we are still considering Germany for some strange reason I've always fancied skiing there. We were looking at the ski resorts and parking areas the other night.

We stopped at Oberstdorf during the summer a couple of years back.
The stellplatz was smack bang in the middle of town and had good laundry and sanitary facilities.
Getting there will be cheaper with no tolls too!!!!:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
new Blades arrived today, New skis arrived too.

Door bottled back on, Tara booked in for a groom, Kids fitted out in new snow kit, Rock salt ordered, Snow conditions checked, pre arranged snow dump ordered, Worming tablets arrived, Chip checked, School letters sent in,

Been la rousas and without being rude, your gonna be disappointed, we spoilt you with VT :winky: Aires nice though, but don't pin your hopes on it.

Campsite (luxury 5* accommodation) is booked for 5 nights, then we will see how we feel about moving on, Georges is crying that he is not going back to VT so hope the skiing at GB is enough to keep them entertained, if not we will bus up to one of the other resorts nearby.

Just an indication for you though John...

GB is working out cheaper for our money than VT when this is taken in to account.
Wonderful CS with Swimming pool ( 40e per night for 5 of us) VT would cost us 18e and if we had just two trips to the swimming pool another 80e
Then taking in to account that we will be saving on miles, we will be saving on Lift Passes we will be saving on gas (did I mention the electric at the camp site :winky:) we are quids in...Oh and dont forget the best snow park in France apparently (see you kids) ::bigsmile:

What we losing?

Ok I have no doubt the skiing at VT and the 3 valleys is ace having skied right across them all for the past 4 years. I will no doubt miss some of them runs, but on a plus side, we have new places to explore again for the first time in years. Doesn't do you any good to get used to just one place when you have the MH.

I have a German friend of mine who is a keen skier, she always says to me, do not bother with Germany, its rubbish skiing. :thumb:

so in a nutshell, cant wait bring it on :thumb:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Might have to join you at GB next year!::bigsmile:

Mind you, we are doing TWO trips next year! We have Christmas and New Year booked as well as Feb!:party2:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Not quite as glamorous as you lot, Sophie and me are heading to Glencoe in two weeks for our first attemp at sking. We will be taking the motorhome and camping at the ski resort.

Hope you all have a good trip you never know if we enjoy it we might venture further afield next time.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Not quite as glamorous as you lot, Sophie and me are heading to Glencoe in two weeks for our first attemp at sking. We will be taking the motorhome and camping at the ski resort.

Hope you all have a good trip you never know if we enjoy it we might venture further afield next time.

We don't blame you for going to Glencoe, its a long way to Dover let alone the Alps!::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Some of our best ski holidays/short breaks skiing have been in Scotland, if the snows good you can have a great laugh:thumb:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Have you got a harness and a rope Paul?

So Tara can pull your FWD Bessy out of the snow?!:Eeek::roflmto:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Had a great time in Wengen, Switzerland in January :Smile: Just got permission from Mrs simbadog to go to Tignes in March :thumb:
Had to promise to buy her some new ski boots for her birthday though :RollEyes:

ski.gif

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Had a great time in Wengen, Switzerland in January :Smile: Just got permission from Mrs simbadog to go to Tignes in March :thumb:
Had to promise to buy her some new ski boots for her birthday though :RollEyes:

ski.gif

What was the site or aire like? Was it convenient for the lifts?

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Er No, the only access to Wengen is by train, the 4 star hotel was nice though ::bigsmile:

What? No frozen pipes? No worrying about gas or waxed diesel?

That's cheating!!!!!!::bigsmile:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Take it easy.....

If you are going skiing take it easy. Last February I crashed on the first day of my holiday and spent a week in a French hospital. The hospital was fantastic but the recovery from a multiple fracture of my lower leg was very slow, painful and inconvenient, spending three months on crutches and a lot of time with the physiotherapist. I had the metal work removed last Sunday. I won't post the pictures of my leg as it did not look to good and might scare children. Here is what they took out of my leg last week.

I would just like to say publicly that Mrs Mousy was fantastic in looking after me in what has been a difficult twelve months.

Mr. Mousy

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Ouch!:cry:

How did you manage that?:Eeek:
Was it your own kit or hired? One cannot overemphasise having your bindings well maintained and the DIN set correctly!

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
If you are going skiing take it easy. Last February I crashed on the first day of my holiday and spent a week in a French hospital. The hospital was fantastic but the recovery from a multiple fracture of my lower leg was very slow, painful and inconvenient, spending three months on crutches and a lot of time with the physiotherapist. I had the metal work removed last Sunday. I won't post the pictures of my leg as it did not look to good and might scare children. Here is what they took out of my leg last week.

I would just like to say publicly that Mrs Mousy was fantastic in looking after me in what has been a difficult twelve months.

Mr. Mousy

Ouch! Still, look on the bright side, you've got a nice set of stainless screws to use on the van :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back