Ski slopes to open 2021 (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Looks like France are going to announce something tomorrow…which is worrying. I was due to fly to Geneva on the 20th of December to Tignes. That has been kicked into touch today. So I thought we would drive…France are going to stuff that up too I reckon. Fingers x for my motorhome ski trip in April. Insurance doesn’t cover it unless any of us get Covid. So it looks like bye bye to a fair whack of money :cry::cry::cry:

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Looks like France are going to announce something tomorrow…which is worrying. I was due to fly to Geneva on the 20th of December to Tignes. That has been kicked into touch today. So I thought we would drive…France are going to stuff that up too I reckon. Fingers x for my motorhome ski trip in April. Insurance doesn’t cover it unless any of us get Covid. So it looks like bye bye to a fair whack of money :cry::cry::cry:
Some confusion but does appear that you can still fly to Geneva and transit directly to France. My son and I have flights to Geneva on the 12th of December but accommodation in Switzerland so we are stuffed. I'm looking at french alternatives but want to see what France announce before committing.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Some confusion but does appear that you can still fly to Geneva and transit directly to France. My son and I have flights to Geneva on the 12th of December but accommodation in Switzerland so we are stuffed. I'm looking at french alternatives but want to see what France announce before committing.
Sadly not. That was the case but it changed again today. If we were still in the Eu it would still have been possible. You will have to isolate for 10 days unless you meet the criteria for not doing that. Absolute nightmare. We are thinking about driving down but that dependan on France tomorrow.
B81181F4-16CF-42DD-A8C5-6C637E251967.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Sadly not. That was the case but it changed again today. If we were still in the Eu it would still have been possible. You will have to isolate for 10 days unless you meet the criteria for not doing that. Absolute nightmare. We are thinking about driving down but that dependan on France tomorrow. View attachment 561444
Wow, that changed quickly 😳

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
This is our findings of early season skiing in Montgenevre.

At this moment, being brutally honest, we are not happy with the resort.

Despite their promises on the website, there is little covid protection measures in place on the lifts, we have not been asked for covid passes once, only 3 or 4 piste are open which concentrates everyone on the same lifts and the grooming of the piste's has been so hit and miss, you never know what you are going to face when you get off the lift.

The resturants and cafes are doing their best, with staff wearing masks, but if the customers don't what's the point. Le Graal allows far too many people in, with folks just standing around talking, crammed in the narrow walk ways. We have boycotted the place.

It might be better as the season goes on, with more lifts open, but we feel we have been miss sold our season passes with the promise of a covid safe environment, or at least reducing the risk and it is not.

Anyways, we have had enough and are pulling out tomorrow to head to Spain. Our expensive passes will go to waste but after several runs down what can only be described as mogal fields, I have had enough and my knees have too!

OP
OP
B-well
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Sorry to hear that your trip has not lived up to expectations. have you tried for lift pass reimbursement due to state of piste, not all lifts open or covid restrictions . As you say expensive loss .
hope you move on to new adventures , have a pleasant journey with NO further pitfalls.
1639326464294.png

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
avoiding the lifts, busy areas etc and enjoying the wilderness with this mornings skating session, one day I’ll master this, even if it kills me:LOL:

A5F151FD-F4EB-4F38-9557-FCD353AA6674.jpeg

E2E2D85D-6E60-4E7B-816C-5E8711D3B373.jpeg

07507462-9F1D-486B-A1F8-F2EC8892EBB0.jpeg

Mrs Ridgeway keeps asking if I’ll take the dog for some skijoring, she obviously has seen how bad my skiing is:xrofl:

Over a 2hrs session this morning i think we saw about 10 people out there

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
I'm off to Obergurgl Austria on the 15th January. All being well double vaxed + booster and 2 PCR tests (if required) I'll get to go.
However, I'm not taking the Motorhome due to length of travel and short daylight hours from Edinburgh to Austria so planning to do Bourg Saint Maurice or Solden in late march/April with my trusted Chausson.⛷️⛷️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back