We are travelling down to Austria again on Jan 8th and taking in:
St Anton
Solden
Mayrhofen
and Grubhof

4 days in each, a days travel between each
Back early Feb.

can't wait.
Will probably try langlaufen this year - opens up more sites and takes one into the true silent beauty of the Winter mountains.

OP
OP
bladerunner
Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
But my mind will be elsewhere!

Actually I like Christmas done quietly and promptly with the family. It's the 3 month build up I don't like - by the time the day comes, everything is stale and grubby. Not to mention the whole xs food/booze/spend malarkey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
have done the solden (camping solden) and st anton (camping Pettneu) in motorhome skiing. Also stayed down the road from Mayhofen at Fugen in summer, and apparently great for skiing in the winter. Campsite is "camping Hell" - honestly, but is gorgeous. The road to Mayhofen is very very long, single lane, so try and avoid the weekend when the holiday skiers are arriving.
We are off to Fieberbrunn in February for our skiing this year - counting down, Christmas just gets in the way

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Can't wait for skiing, three trips planned this winter but only one in the van. Always had big double floor A Class before but wanted a PVC. Bought one so decided to try it skiing first week of March when temp not as low. Will be on a site with no water onboard other than bottled, hope it can cope with heating it.

Decision was to go PVC even if it's doesn't cope well with skiing. Main reason I went Globecar was it's the only PVC I have seen while skiing stay on site more than a couple of days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back