Ski Resorts/Areas in Northern Italy Anyone? (2 Viewers)

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Funny that, we fancy Italy for a change too, but won't be till later - March I guess, so hopefully someone will enlighten us on here.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We went skiing in Cervinia a few years ago and then went there a few months ago in the Motorhome and discovered the large aire there, there was still a little snow about up in the hills and still some trying to ski on some patches...

IMG_0969.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Not exact northern Italy but Limone Piemonte was a delightful discovery last season.(hour from Nice)
I'm always on the lookout for cheap little known resorts used mainly by locals and this was great. Only a few days skiing if you need a lot of variety but the relative emptiness of the slopes more than compensated for me.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Forgot to say. Cheap pleasant camp site walking distance from slopes

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
We stayed at dolomite camping village - https://www.campingdolomiti.com/en
a couple of years ago.

The site itself is average, certainly not up to Austrian wellness standards, but:
Approach is easy enough in large unit
shuttle bus to ski area
VERY large ski area - I was amazed I hadn't skied this before. Snow cover was good in Feb 15

I would avoid during orthodox Christmas - the place was full of impolite bling-ridden eastern european/Ruskies. and my goodness they can be rude at times!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Again not Italy or Switzerland but was at Geradmer earlier in the year and there was a plan near the Aire of the ski slopes and very pleasant town and Chamonix is nice too.

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Not cheap but we go to Camping Colfosco site every year in our van. Brilliant site, superb facilities and walking distance (300m) to lift. Dolomite Ski are huge at 1200km, not many brits and top Italian lift infastructure with very little older lifts left in the network.

Long season and snow making second to none, highly recommended but site is around 36 Euro per day in peak season. Walking distance (not in ski boots) to either Corvara or Colfosco both which have plenty of bars and restaurants. Will be there first week in March 18. To us it's good value to be able to walk to lifts in boots and walk to two villages for bars, restaurants and supermarket, you would not be disappointed.

Message me if you want any more info.

Phil.S

Free Member
Feb 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You could do a lot worse than Livigno, fantastic campsite with all facilities close to slopes/ski buses and duty free.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back