Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
We are traveling up to Skegness tomorrow, is there any where to park for a few hours over looking the sea with our Motorhome. By the way, we are on our way to Scotland as we do every year, but we had to do a slight detour from South Glos to the South East coast of Kent to visit a friend of Shirley's.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Cant think of a carpark without height barriers that has a sea view.
Most are below the sea wall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
@Tootles is the expert on all things Skegness, he'll be along soon to point out the error of your ways. (y)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We are traveling up to Skegness tomorrow, is there any where to park for a few hours over looking the sea with our Motorhome.

You'll need to be about 3,000 feet up with a strong pair of binoculars if it's low tide.

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Good job we're staying only one night three miles out of town. The only answer is to arrive after dusk and leave before the sunrises.Thanks everyone.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We are traveling up to Skegness tomorrow
A wise move! (y)(y)(y) And how refreshing to buck the popular trend in traveling to 'abroad' :) You will be assured of a warm welcome whilst staying in the Ville, and please take advantage of the lovely walks next to the sun drenched beaches, truly a situation that equals the French Riviera. :)

I don't believe toots has ever really been to Skeg - I reckon it's an urban myth:LOL:
PHILISTINE! :eek: Debs, you must go from this place, to another place, and wash your mouth out with salt water. The very idea!! They even have a statue of me in Skeggy. (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
A wise move! (y)(y)(y) And how refreshing to buck the popular trend in traveling to 'abroad' :) You will be assured of a warm welcome whilst staying in the Ville, and please take advantage of the lovely walks next to the sun drenched beaches, truly a situation that equals the French Riviera. :)

PHILISTINE! :eek: Debs, you must go from this place, to another place, and wash your mouth out with salt water. The very idea!! They even have a statue of me in Skeggy. (y)
:*

Dunno about the riviera but I bet it'll be bracing today to say the least, the wind sandblasting your legs::bigsmile:

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Skegness is not very motorhome friendly went last weekend all the car parks have height barriers and the off street parking is a nightmare decided to go into Ingoldmells not much better main car park no height barriers but clearly states no parking for motorhomes.
Decided to give a camp site a go and was charged £21 for the night with no electric and put in the carpark.
:(

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
You should stay at the moody cow pub £5 a night good food . And on main rd ingoldmells. We stop there a lot big car park.
Walked past the moody cow pub I was not aware you can park on there car park thanks for the info if I am ever that way again I will give them a try.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Yes it's in pub stopovers.

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Carry on up coast road to Huttoft beach which is to your right at the crossroads, and you arrive on a promonade and no height barrier because the wild campers pulled it down! Lovely views and some people still stay overnight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back