Skegness - it's magnificent says Anita Rani on Countryfile (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I saw that too. Though I think she was referring to Gibraltar Point, a very early nature reserve. Not sure Skeggy was supposed to be included in the praise though being close I guess there is some reflected glory - in one direction or the other. :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yes she did! Gilbralter point!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
But we're talking about the famous Skeggy!!
It is only famous because @Tootles gave it such positive publicity that it is now the Mecca of the North east. (well, his favourite bingo hall is, anyway.......... he always did like "two fat ladies" it is alleged;))

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If they do not like skeggy they can always move a little further along to that nice North Sea camp a lovely site , haha

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It is only famous because @Tootles gave it such positive publicity that it is now the Mecca of the North east. (well, his favourite bingo hall is, anyway.......... he always did like "two fat ladies" it is alleged;))
'Scuse me...Skeg is in the East Midlands, not North East:eek: that's Newcastle & Shields & the like.... Wye aye o_O

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I'm not going to reply - just in case @Tootles is watching
Ahem, in fact, Anita Rani phoned me the other day, explaining the programs stance and endorsement of Skeggy. (y) She asked me if I would like to appear on the show, to back the endorsement, but I of coarse declined. (y) Publicly endorsing holiday destinations is not my thing. :rolleyes:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Spose it is & someone has to I suppose:D x
Don't confuse us lot from Suffolk with them there yokels from Narfook...... we are civilised down here; well at least we don't don't slurp when drinking our tea from the saucer.....

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Ahem, in fact, Anita Rani phoned me the other day, explaining the programs stance and endorsement of Skeggy. (y) She asked me if I would like to appear on the show, to back the endorsement, but I of coarse declined. (y) Publicly endorsing holiday destinations is not my thing. :rolleyes:
Hi.
There ARE,Truckers Floosies,so no doubt there are Para Floosies about (Enter stage left Anita Rani?).... No offence ment to the Sainted Alexa,who should be awarded a medal as big as a Dustbin lid for putting up with him for all these years...Truly a Saint.
Tea Bag

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I did. Like living dangerously. He is a lousy shot anyway so this duck is quite safe.....
Dunno about that. Did you see what they did to ducks later in the programme?
Don't confuse us lot from Suffolk with them there yokels from Narfook...... we are civilised down here; well at least we don't don't slurp when drinking our tea from the saucer.....
Tea? When did you start drinking tea instead of wine?

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997

What are saucers?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
What are saucers?
Hi
"Saucer-rers"!!.... Natives to Norfolk,practising "Dark Arts" at midnight,in small wooded areas of the county. If you make a mistake,and have to transit Norfolk at night,do not be alarmed to see shapes dancing around fires at midnight in these dark wooded corners of fields. Put your foot to the floor and GET AWAY!
Tea Bag

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi
"Saucer-rers"!!.... Natives to Norfolk,practising "Dark Arts" at midnight,in small wooded areas of the county. If you make a mistake,and have to transit Norfolk at night,do not be alarmed to see shapes dancing around fires at midnight in these dark wooded corners of fields. Put your foot to the floor and GET AWAY!
Tea Bag
If you are on the Norfolk broads and hear banjos, then you'd better start paddling faster.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Gibraltar Point is very nice been there several times, if you travel a bit north of Skeggy you will come to Jim's place Sutton -on -sea very quite and good dog walks on sea front.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Gibraltar Point is very nice been there several times, if you travel a bit north of Skeggy you will come to Jim's place Sutton -on -sea very quite and good dog walks on sea front.
I have been to Sutton on sea once to visit someone, not on my places to visit again list but each to their own...Just noticed that Skegness is on a similar latitude to Anglesey, there is a bit of useless information for you...:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back