Size has become important...looking to upgrade (1 Viewer)

Barrowford Bluesman

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
VW Westfalia
Exp
Since 2006
Hello all

Newbie to the Forum but have been motorhoming for about 6 years now. Well, it's my third stint at it.

We are a family of 4, though most often 3 as my eldest doesn't really travel so much with us now. We currently have a 1994 VW Westy (new shape), LHD with a pop top. For single nights our youngest sleeps in the roof, but for longer stays we usually put up an awning with an inner tent. We attend a lot of folk and dance festivals and get out in in 6 to 8 weekends a year. We'd do more if were not for the hassle of putting up the awning each time. So, it's time to sell the VW and get something bigger, but the array of products out there is bewildering, and the confusion is compounded by some of the "types" being self-branded by regional distributors/sellers.

We'd like something that comfortably sleeps 4 and that would reduce our need to put up an awning. Probably retain that option but save it for 3+ night stays so it becomes the rarity not the norm. I'd like to stick under £20k. Toilet is very important, a shower would be a nice addition. I think one permanent bed and one make up bed is achievable; I guess we won't get a lot of storage space but we are used to having little of that with what we are using at the moment! Another consideration is backup service and availablity of spares.

If anyone has any recommendations as to what we should start looking at, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks
Ian

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Welcome to FUN
As you attend a lot of music festivals I would suggest you start by looking for rear wheel drive--------otherwise you might suffer on wet grass:Sad:
Best of luck with your search:thumb:
Nigel & Pamala

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Get thee to Marquis in Preston and sit in all their stock, I think you'll be surprised at what you can get in a C class.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back