Rally Chat Sixties Soul Survivors Weekend (1 Viewer)

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Please make me a definite on the reserve list please. Likely to be two people but I will let you know if I decide to come alone. Thanks.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Not sure at the moment but will definately let you know if he is not a bit nearer the time if that's OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motown-mickey

Free Member
Nov 22, 2014
Dorset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt Bessacar E760
Exp
8 years
hi
no longer have dj decks, but have a Motown vinyl LP collection like no-one has ever seen, in storage for safe keeping
- but to hand have Motown and Northern Soul on CD - most digitised. Count me/us in : can do a set.
Have a friend Chris Gentry who was a jobbing soul dj in the 1970s ... not a motorhomer, but shall ask
ktf
:)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
hi
no longer have dj decks, but have a Motown vinyl LP collection like no-one has ever seen, in storage for safe keeping
- but to hand have Motown and Northern Soul on CD - most digitised. Count me/us in : can do a set.
Have a friend Chris Gentry who was a jobbing soul dj in the 1970s ... not a motorhomer, but shall ask
ktf
See how good this forum is? Caters for all tastes

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Ken,
Think we seem to have been missed off? :cry: - probably cos we originally replied with 'we'd be interested' when what we really meant was ' Can we come!!
:D
John and Di

hazedave

Free Member
Mar 20, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
Planning spring visit to Greece or would be defo.interested in the weekend.

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Ken,
Think we seem to have been missed off? :cry: - probably cos we originally replied with 'we'd be interested' when what we really meant was ' Can we come!!
:D
John and Di

You are No13 on the reserve list but its a long way off yet and people are bound to drop out between now and then.

hazedave

Free Member
Mar 20, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
Planning spring visit to Greece or would be defo.interested in the soul weekend.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Right girls.... those who are dressing up for Northern Soul ... just been into shoe shop and asked what to wear on feet and one of the assistants goes to Northern Soul at a local pub :)

She even demonstrated a dance. :) Can't wait. She said white bobby socks and flat black shoes.....

@canopus are there people there who can do it and show us, or is it just us please?

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
hi
ktf
I have some Motown Chartbusters albums on coloured vinyl! Pretty cool too.

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Joy, my names Ken with wife Lynda rather than @canopus. There are no experts attending as far I'm aware, its just free and easy. However, Bev seems to be well clued up on the scene so no doubt she will be able to show you how to strut your stuff.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
:RollEyes: KEN
I like the music and the dancing like any other Northern Soul fan,
I'm certainly no teacher ! Your the one with all the Blooming records
:rofl:
Joy , you really are getting into this big time, clothes ,shoes ,dance techniques Have you honestly never heard or danced to it before? It's more your era than mine. 70's after all. :wink:
Did northern soul never go South of the border :rofl:

Take a look at this. Put some slippy sockS on and practice on a smooth surface. Prepare to get out of breath !

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

Take a look at this. Put some slippy sockS on and practice on a smooth surface. Prepare to get out of breath !

PS. If you keep clicking on the pictures when this one has finished, more and more come up. Lots of techniques. There's no set routines , like line dancing . You just go with the flow and do what you feel, to the music.
Infact I thought the lady below , with the blond bobbed hair and cigarette pants WAS Joy!

Having us on, cos she's very good !

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. This might already have been asked in this long thread so apologies.
Has the "Soul Survivor" got any connection with an event that takes place every summer down here at the Bath and West showground? It follows ( or precedes) another event called "New Wine". Whenever either are on the place is chock full of motorhomes, caravans and tents. I have always thought that they were religious gatherings.

Regards.

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Rowley

Whitby has a big Northern Soul Weekend as does Skegness, Blackpool and numerous other towns up and down the country. You will also notice that Sandfield House Farm are promoting camping for the Goth Weekends also in held Whitby.

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi. This might already have been asked in this long thread so apologies.
Has the "Soul Survivor" got any connection with an event that takes place every summer down here at the Bath and West showground? It follows ( or precedes) another event called "New Wine". Whenever either are on the place is chock full of motorhomes, caravans and tents. I have always thought that they were religious gatherings.

Regards.

Soul Survivor in this context refers to those of us who were around in the halcyon days of the mid 60's when the musical likes of many was Motown and upbeat dance music from the US. The term Northern Soul was reputed to have first been made by Dave Godin one time Editor of Blues & Soul magazine. Being from London and visiting Soul venues in the North of England such as the Twisted Wheel, Godin mostly heard the up-tempo dance tracks that so many of us loved and danced to, and penned the name Northern Soul in a subsequent article. Tracks such as this from the Fascinations fit the bill exactly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back