Sites within walking distance of Llanberis (1 Viewer)

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi, I'm thinking of going to Llanberis at the end of this month to walk Snowdon and see the new visitor centre at the summit. Could anyone recommend a site where I could leave the motorhome and either walk or catch a bus right outside to Llanberis?

As I will be travelling on my own (wife is working and kids don't deserve a break) I don't fancy driving to Llanberis and parking the truck.

I spotted Mountain Farm Campsite after a quick search but have some reservations about it's suitability for a 24' 3.5 tone vehicle (access, pitches etc)

Appreciate any recommendations, otherwise I might just to go Cornwall instead ::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We were there recently, don't know of a site close by but the car park opposite the Snowdonia Railway has stacks of space and allows motorhomes to park ( not overnight ) the cost for a car was £5 not sure if more for motorhome. We stayed on the CClub site in betts y coed, nice site and location.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Yes I think the car park belongs to the hotel ,and I think you may need permission from them ,you would have to ask the bloke in the car park cos he told us that we could park overnight but to check with the hotel.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philoaks

Free Member
Nov 12, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
25+
We stayed here Link Removed back in the summer. Reasonable facilities and lots of hardstandings so no worries about soft ground.

It's not walking distance of Llanberis but on the main road from Caernarfon to Llanberis so should be buses going by. Having said that parking was no problem in Llanberis, even in July, so I wouldn't worry too much on that front.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back