Sites near Duxford ? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Looking at a visit to the Air museum at Duxford. Anyone been ? Is it worth the travel ?
Also can anyone recommend a nice preferably quiet site not to far away ?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There's a nice CL, Chaplins Farm, at Fulbourn which is about 15 minutes from Duxford.

Nice pub in the village.

Any use?

Biggerthanbefore

Free Member
Jan 23, 2011
North Staffs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1993, on and off.
For added value try to visit when they have an event on at Duxford. It is a good day out anyway but can be more atmospheric with a WW2 event for example.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Looking at a visit to the Air museum at Duxford. Anyone been ? Is it worth the travel ?
Also can anyone recommend a nice preferably quiet site not to far away ?

Thanks.
yes its a big place , it should be an all day job
I go 3or4 times a year
The airshows are mad and often sell out, beware......traffic on show days!!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
. Anyone been ? Is it worth the travel ?
Thanks.

Been and it's worth it if you have to crawl on your hands and knees. We stayed at a CC site about 10 miles away, it was a quarry but I forget the name.

Edit: Now someone has printed it, I remember, Cherry Hinton.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Definitely worth a visit but I have found that it is better to do either an airshow or the museum on separate days as there is just so much to see that trying to do both on the same day doesn't work, well not for me anyway.
I intend to visit again myself this year but I am waiting until the American Hangar has re-opened after its refurbishment, can't remember the exact date at present but it will be on their website.
I have not yet got around to seeing the Tank museum there as I always seem to run out of time :whistle:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Cherry Hinton is ok, but very popular because of its close proximity to Cambridge city centre. I was there last night, because I needed to be in Cambridge today, but I only got on because they had a cancellation. The C&CC site down the road opens for the season in about 10 days, so that will take the pressure off a bit, but if you want to get in on a Friday or Saturday night when Duxford have a show on, I expect you would need to book well in advance. I was on my own, so it only cost me £12.50.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back