Sites in Alicante 'area' (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
In process of planning next early summer (back end of April and all of May)
We are looking at a month or so at one place before we take a slow meander back up the coast before it gets too hot.
Anybody got any recommendations for the Alicante 'area' that has good transport links etc and either gym on site or nearby and also dog friendly?

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I've learned not to ever book a site in Spain unless I've tried it for myself. One man's meat etc. Sites in Spain vary considerably and everyone's requirements and tolerances are different.

We really like this aire, especially as there is a tram stop. The tram runs from Benidorm to Alicante. We like it because it's quiet, has clean facilities, it's secure and there's a really nice man who runs it. The beach is close, with lots of decent bars and restaurants.

I know it's not for everyone though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We tend to do Camping Mediterraneo in Calpe, handy for most wants, good cheap meals at the civic centre. Or Camping fulgencio, just south of La Marina, handy for shopping, you need good legs if you do not have wheels, but good bus service to alicante or torreaveca

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We have a certain fondness for Camping Las Palmeras in Crevillent, about 20 miles down the motorway (A7) from Alicante. It is inland from the coast, close to Elche. And it's almost in the centre of the town.

The site is owned by and part of a hotel and the loos and showers are good and well cared for. As the name suggests, the site is crammed with palms and other attractive planting. It is available through the ACSI discount scheme - currently €18 euro inc hook-up for the night. Free wi-fi too, although that can be a bit slow and flaky. Oh and there's a good MH service point which you can use for washing your van. Nice hotel swimming pool too, which can be used. Restaurant is popular with the locals. We've never booked - just turn up. Would imagine you could do the same in April / May. And yes, they allow dogs.

I believe there is a railway station in the town, but we'haven't used it. There's also a Lidl and a Mercadona supermarket.

IMG_20190206_135221547.jpg
IMG_20190206_135048093_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back