Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Morning,

We're off to France over the Easter - Mayday holiday period and we've decided to go to Paris for a couple of days.

Has anyone get any ideas about an aire or wild camping spot within public transport range of the city (say, 30 mins by train). I've read the review of the site at Bois de Boulogne but I'd prefer a wild spot if I can find one.

Cheers,

Trevor

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I haven't found anything resembling an aire yet Trevor (I mean we haven't driven round all the back streets LOL - just nothing 'advertised' anywhere) and I really want to go to Versailles. There is a Yelloh! campsite somewhere nearish V, but dunno really, it still looks like a half day's camel ride to get anywhere ......

So - I'm interested in your replies!

OP
OP
TDH

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Hi Jenny.

Have you looked here. The address is Allée des Matelots, N10, Camping Versailles Association Les Matelots, 78 000 VERSAILLES

T

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Aires de Paris

We stayed here while visiting Paris in 2008.

Head for the Chateaux de Vincennes.

You'll find a 'car park/aires' just off the roundabout behind the Chateaux.

Walk across the roundabout and through the Chateaux (barely a 10min walk) and you'll find the Metro station for the centre of Paris. We paid 14 Euros each for a 2 day pass for public transport.

The Aires or Car Park has the Mounted Police Training Academy behind it, and a lovely walk through woods for any dog lovers.

When we stayed, there were French refugees camping amongs the trees - but didnt bother us.

Hope you enjoy your trip, I'd go back here any day. (got room in a storage locker for me?)

June

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
No, I hadn't - so thanks T. (It doesn't look like an aire when you blow the satellite map up does it?)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Jenny there is a good camp site a pleasant walk into Vercise and a train station a 20min ride into the center of Paris we have used it and it was very convenient, though I would think at Easter it will be booked up other wise ok. I will dig the details out and post later when OH gets in who knows where these things are. We absolutely loved it. loads of details about this and others were posted on a thread last year don't know if anyone cleverer than me can put the link for you. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back