Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Are you a medium ?!!

I'm 54 and not been without a bike since I was 17. Currently own a Thunderbird, Triumph Bonneville Scrambler and a Honda 750 Shadow ( on a trailer with me here in Spain ).

Psychic or what !

Seeing as how youre a biker too, we'll call the 'site warden' spat to a close.:thumb:

Nope, it says Large on the helmet I just bought.

Well I got a bike license at 16 but never got serious 'till nearly 50.

Was admiring the scramble at the NEC on Wed. Enfield also had one to make Olde Fartes think of the past.

It's not a spat, it's FUN, all ends in a big grin and another drink.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Psychic ... more like psychotic (only JOKING :winky:). Probably just looked at your profile where you have stated motorcycling .... :Blush:

Oddly enough .......................................

Did not notice the profile bit... It is just that most bikers tend towards the anarchistic way of life.. doing what THEY wanna do the way THEY wanna do it without impacting on others ::bigsmile:

As for Psychotic.. Now I KNOW that aint in MY profile so are that possibly means you are psychic ! ( or have read FAR too many of my demented posts :Eeek: )

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A further thought on this thread.

On the face of it a certain Scottish Policeman is rubbing his hands in glee. "I told them so".

So I've gone through the whole thread. Yes my bit of FUN altered the course of the original inquiry but he still got loads of straight answers and as a bonus saw another side of the job, how stressed the wardens can get.

I think this proves Jim's stance is bang on on this subject.

And if the Mrs Bowman wants more then no problem just start another thread and you be sure no jokes second time around, that would just not be funny.

It looks to me it could be an excellent job on a good site and misery one a bad one, the thing is not to give up if the first site does not work.

OP
OP
B

Bowman

Free Member
Feb 12, 2011
South Northants
Funster No
MH
Fleetwood Pacearrow
Exp
Many years
Thanks to all, we’ve enjoyed the whole thread.. We asked because we thought we would get a “warts and all” response. It’s so easy to get carried away and wear our large rose coloured spectacles.
Maybe it’s not the job for us! Thinking about it we would not be tough enough (in the best well meaning possible way) We can’t sit back and just follow, if things are wrong we’d try to right them. Can’t think of anything worse than “It’s worked this way for the last 10 years“ or page 10 of the site rules attitude.
As with everyone, we’ve been on the sites that couldn’t make you feel more welcome and the odd one we couldn’t wait to get away from and more worryingly the scary ones where they try to get you to play bingo with the cast of The Rocky Horror Show!
So it looks like another summer of reading the papers and eating for us. Or we could just launch the boat and get the scuba gear out, dust of those shiny new bikes we bought 2 years ago, let the dog take us for a walk.. ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I come across the wardens at Abbey Wood CC quite regularly. They are a really nice bunch I must say.

There used to be one woman there who was a bit off and told me off for letting Autoglass on site to fit a new windscreen.

She calmed down when I told her I already had permission from one of the other wardens but was unimpressed that I couldn't give this wardens name:RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks to all, we’ve enjoyed the whole thread.. We asked because we thought we would get a “warts and all” response. It’s so easy to get carried away and wear our large rose coloured spectacles.
Maybe it’s not the job for us! Thinking about it we would not be tough enough (in the best well meaning possible way) We can’t sit back and just follow, if things are wrong we’d try to right them. Can’t think of anything worse than “It’s worked this way for the last 10 years“ or page 10 of the site rules attitude.
As with everyone, we’ve been on the sites that couldn’t make you feel more welcome and the odd one we couldn’t wait to get away from and more worryingly the scary ones where they try to get you to play bingo with the cast of The Rocky Horror Show!
So it looks like another summer of reading the papers and eating for us.[HI] Or we could just launch the boat and get the scuba gear out, dust of those shiny new bikes we bought 2 years ago, let the dog take us for a walk.. [/HI]::bigsmile:

very wise.. :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Bowman;682661[FONT=Calibri said:
][/FONT]
so it looks like another summer of reading the papers and eating for us. Or we could just launch the boat and get the scuba gear out, dust of those shiny new bikes we bought 2 years ago, let the dog take us for a walk.. ::bigsmile:

I think retirement does not suit some folk. I know that feeling especially in this weather. But FUN thrives on it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back