Site suggestions, Boss lady wants a large pitch! - south of Valencia. Tomorrow! (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
Title says it all really.

We are overnighting at Teruel and have a month to head down the coast. No plans at the moment, but was looking for a site, possibly south of Valencia.

This will be from tomorrow for 4-7 days, depening on how it is.

Current contender is Devesa Gardens, but the comments state small pitches.

Mrs Beano likes a large pitch, ideally, without 4 Germans being closer to her than amI!

Any suggestions? It doesnt have to be coastal, but would like good walks, easy cycling.

Thanks

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Camping Cap Blanche Altea

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for your suggestions all.

We went for Devesa Gardens - Looks to be about half full at the moment. Pitch size is quite good (in my limited experience).
Weahter picking up for the next few days 22C. Bring it on!

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
Thanks for your suggestions all.

We went for Devesa Gardens - Looks to be about half full at the moment. Pitch size is quite good (in my limited experience).
Weahter picking up for the next few days 22C. Bring it on!

What do you think of Devesa Gardens?
Is it a nice site and area (plenty to do, see and eat), to stay a few months with 2 dogs and toddler?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
We really liked Devesa Gardens.

Wash rooms were really clean and wonderfully warm. Loads of hot water also.

They seemed to do lots of activites for children. Horse rides, activities etc. There are some animals there to interact with also (sheep, chickens, pony's, rabbits, donkeys, lots of birds).

There is one resturant onsite (we didnt use it, so cant comment).

Just outside the camp is wood / sandune area which leads to a desterted beech. This beech stretches for miles, so I cant see it getting too busy. Access to the beech is via wide, paths which make access very easy.

There is a bus stop (number 25 - a circular route) that stops just outside the camp. This will take you into Valencia. Valencia is well worth checking out.

I personnally feel that it wont offer enough to keep you occupied for a few months, as there are no alternatives for eating (for example) within walking distance. Apart from the sites restaurant that is.

That said, it was a great site and we would return.

ACSI rate was 19 euro with reductions at 7 and 14 nights.

One point to mention, I should have been metered on my EHU (4 kw per day) but they didnt have meters fitted so, effectively unmetered use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back