Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As you are all aware our intention over the next year or so is to compete with Motorhome-Facts. We want to build a better more informative site, a friendlier community and have fun along the way. To do this we need to attract visitors in numbers, and then turn those guests to our site into members.

We can pay for advertisements and we will, but most potential members will be pointed to us free by the search engines. Presently our competitor is at the top of any search for motorhomes and accessories, the reason for this is three fold

1. They have been around for 5 years and search engines like stability.

2. The site has a mass of Motorhome related content, plenty of information for the search engine spiders to collate.

3. Most importantly, it has a lot of links from other places pointing to it. The search engines consider that if a site has lots of others linking to it, then it must be OK.

It is obvious that with points one and two above we just have to be patient, continue to add motorhome related content and with some good search engine optimisation we will be competing with them soon enough. But point three we can address now. We need links on other websites pointing to this one, if you have a personal website, or your business has one if we could get a link, even if no one ever clicks on it, the search engine spiders will see it and rate our site higher. If you belong to any other forums on any subject, and are allowed to put a link in your signature please put this one.

Our aim is simple, when someone is searching for anything to do with a motorhome we want them to see a link to motorhomefun at the top of the page, The other place will still be there just above or below us but... This will give people a choice, they can choose facts or fun and facts. ::bigsmile:

So please help, think about where we might be able to get a link. If you have any ideas at all about promoting the site, please let us know here, or if it is something that good we don't want our competitors to know about then please PM me.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Might be able to add a few here Jim :winky:

Link Removed

When I can pin down my website chap I shall add one too but at the moment he's gone to ground and I can't even add more products :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

V

vanessa

Deleted User
I don't know HOW to add one:wub: Mine's s simple site, free-hosted by my ISP ... any ideas anyone?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Might be able to add a few here Jim :winky:

Link Removed

When I can pin down my website chap I shall add one too but at the moment he's gone to ground and I can't even add more products :eek:

I'll be your "new" website chap:wub: New nothing about it 3 weeks ago, but I am a quick learner::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I need the software then I could update it myself :RollEyes:

Problem is he keeps promising to come over and load it up but never materialises :Mad:

Probably because he isn't local.......he lives in Wales :eek: :roflmto: :roflmto:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Also, if you are a member of any other forums (and no, I don't mean mhf or rvf, I mean non-motorhome forums) you could mention this forum there.

I suggest that when you do refer to mhfun you put the full url

The full url is http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk

This will turn into a clickable link (as it just did above) and makes it easier for the spiders to follow.

Somebody did this on the ebay auction via ask a question, pretty ingenious I thought.

Regards
Bryan

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Also, if you are a member of any other forums (and no, I don't mean mhf or rvf, I mean non-motorhome forums) you could mention this forum there.

I suggest that when you do refer to mhfun you put the full url

The full url is http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk

This will turn into a clickable link (as it just did above) and makes it easier for the spiders to follow.

Somebody did this on the ebay auction via ask a question, pretty ingenious I thought.

Regards
Bryan

hi bryan good idea that ebay link..... ill remember next time thanks!!

ray

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't know HOW to add one:wub: Mine's s simple site, free-hosted by my ISP ... any ideas anyone?

Hi Vanessa, if your website was built by a company, they will probably be able to add a link to it for you.

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi

I found you via a Google.co.uk search for "motorhome forum" - you came in at around 36, which isn't bad for a relatively new site. Well done.

I do a lot of work on weblogs, and as JimJam says, much of SEO is down to relevent content and inbound links. A lot of motorhomefacts success is down to the enormous amount of content they have on site.

V

vanessa

Deleted User
It is a "self-build", Jim. I'll have a look and see if I can squeeze the URL in somewhere, might help a little.:winky:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It is a "self-build", Jim. I'll have a look and see if I can squeeze the URL in somewhere, might help a little.:winky:

If you pm me your address Vanessa I will send you some flyers that you could discreetly place under your customers windscreens::bigsmile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I need the software then I could update it myself :RollEyes:

Problem is he keeps promising to come over and load it up but never materialises :Mad:
:roflmto:

:Cool: You don't need the software. You need access to the files on the server. From there you add the code to include a link. :winky:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
JimJam, I can print off fliers myself, no probs. We can sneak up on non-customers stopped in local car parks, too:winky:

LeoK

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Huntingdon (ish)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Two years (and a bit)
So...

Where is the link to the flyers which we can print ?

LeoK

wilecoyote

Free Member
Aug 2, 2007
Leicester, UK
Funster No
I do a lot of work on weblogs, and as JimJam says, much of SEO is down to relevent content and inbound links. A lot of motorhomefacts success is down to the enormous amount of content they have on site.

I agree. Content Content Content.. Googlebots and the like love it?

However, as daft as it may seam we can all help out here a lot more than we think? For example it is not uncommon for folk to abbreviate Motor home to just MH? For the purposes of Googlebots and the like using the full Motorhome (Or Motor Home) will help out no end. Likewise just browse through the posts and see if you can find the words "Recreational Vehicle" anywhere. Nope.. always RV? Point being these are all important keywords which the bots will pick up on. On a new site like this it will help no end. Just take a little time when your posting to think about the words you use, it will all help? Titles too?? Take this post for example..

Link Removed

I'm not knocking Hugh here, but if he had used the words "Motorhome Reserved Pitch Sign" in the title (or even the message body), googlebots will pick it up. Then when mr Motorhomer comes along and rattles "reserved pitch sign" into google, he may one day see a link to Motorhomefun.co.uk and think "hello, what's that all about then"?

On an established site it doesn't matter too much. But on a shiny new site like this every little bit helps a lot more than you may think. On the other hand look at the excellent keywords used in this post..

Link Removed

But even then still no reference to "Recreational Vehicle". Yes yes yes I know folk call em RV's, but Google a sucker for good olde English words too. You never know someone might be typing "Recreational Vehicle Insurance" into Google right now?

Now then, time for a wake up call to highlight this point....

Up until I posted this post, Typing the words "Recreational Vehicle" into the search box ON THIS SITE returned nothing at all, nada, zero? GASP, SHOCK, HORROR? This is the first post to actually mention the words in full?

We all know Google will rate better if you have good content and good keywords yes?

So..

How many RV'ers are there on here, tut tut. Shame on you all :roflmto:

Anyway.. Hope this a little food for thought perhaps?

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Wiley
There are some good points that you make mate.... I will reply to you by telling you that I and a few others on here own Recreational Vehicles. Our Recreational Vehicle is not a big Recreational Vehicle as far as Recreational Vehicles go, but it is definitely a little bigger than the average Motor Home or Camper van or Motor Caravan in the Caravan Club parlance :roflmto:
We will be using our Recreational Vehicle to tour around France this week so I am thrilled that we chose a Recreational Vehicle instead of doing the hotel type holiday.... We certainly enjoy Motorhoming in our Recreational Vehicle and as we have often said to friends, all motorhomes are Recreational Vehicles, even caravans and trailer tents fall into the category, and as such we do enjoy meeting all sorts of Recreational Vehicle users. :roflmto:

How's that mate? Should have Google going wild :roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Advertising

Hi

As the back of the new motorhome will be resembling an advertising hoarding, you can have the last bit of space - in the company of an airline, a ferry operator and possibly a bank!

Let me know please.

Russell

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
What am I getting

Bryan, do you mean income in respect of advertising space or the van!

The first I cannot discuss, the second - a LHD Swift tag axle.

Russell

(No RV yet.....)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi

As the back of the new motorhome will be resembling an advertising hoarding, you can have the last bit of space - in the company of an airline, a ferry operator and possibly a bank!

Let me know please.

Russell

Russell, how kind of you, we would love the space, if you can PM me with details of the size, I can get a high resolution file to you. Please let me know by PM what the set-up costs might be, Thanks gain you are a star.

wilecoyote

Free Member
Aug 2, 2007
Leicester, UK
Funster No
Recreational Vehicles. Our Recreational Vehicle is not a big Recreational Vehicle as far as Recreational Vehicles go, but it is definitely a little bigger than the average Motor Home or Camper van or Motor Caravan in the Caravan Club parlance :roflmto:

PMSL mate.. now your getting the hang of it :roflmto:

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Well, this thread is not only promotional, but educational!! I didn't know that RV stood for Recreational Vehicle! I hadn't even thought what it might stand for, just knew it was a big Motorhome.:blush:

So, what is the technical difference between a Motorhome and a Recreational Vehicle? Apart from the Recreational Vehicle being a lot bigger than a Motorhome?:winky:

Did I get Recreational Vehicle and Motorhome in there enough times?:winky:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Vanessa
A motorhome is a Recreational Vehicle, in other words a vehicle for recreational use.... Linda put up a great thread defining the word recreational vehicle some where on the site, but I can't remember where now. All sorts of vehicles are recreational vehicles, trailer tents, caravans, van conversions, B Class motorhome, C Class motorhome and A Class motorhome. The term RV is "usually" associated with an American Recreational Vehicle (ARV) because the good old British like to call motorhomes "motor caravans" :roflmto: They unfortunately miss the point :roflmto:
I hope this helps to explain the differences between the different catagories of motorhomes and recreational vehicles ::bigsmile:

Keith

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi Vanessa
A motorhome is a Recreational Vehicle, in other words a vehicle for recreational use.... Linda put up a great thread defining the word recreational vehicle some where on the site, but I can't remember where now. All sorts of vehicles are recreational vehicles, trailer tents, caravans, van conversions, B Class motorhome, C Class motorhome and A Class motorhome. The term RV is "usually" associated with an American Recreational Vehicle (ARV) because the good old British like to call motorhomes "motor caravans" :roflmto: They unfortunately miss the point :roflmto:
I hope this helps to explain the differences between the different catagories of motorhomes and recreational vehicles ::bigsmile:

Keith

Hi Keith

Lets see if I understand what your saying!!! Americans call a motorhome a recreational vehicle and we call them motorhomes or motor caravans.
And that Recreational vehicles come from America
And motorhomes and motor caravans come from here.
But can I still call my little motorhome a recreatational vehicle or do I have to call it a motorhome or motor caravan ::bigsmile:

Thanx
Ken & Dawn

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi the motorhome fun logo get every where jim!!!!!!!!!!:Tongue:

:Tongue:

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Keith

Lets see if I understand what your saying!!! Americans call a motorhome a recreational vehicle and we call them motorhomes or motor caravans.
And that Recreational vehicles come from America
And motorhomes and motor caravans come from here.
But can I still call my little motorhome a recreatational vehicle or do I have to call it a motorhome or motor caravan ::bigsmile:

Thanx
Ken & Dawn

I haven't got a clue mate :roflmto::roflmto:
As far as I am concerned EVERY type of vehicle used for camping etc is a recreational vehicle, I hope that we have said recreational vehicle, motorhome, motor home, camper, RV etc enough times to get Google happy, coz my head is starting to hurt :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
Take care Ken

Keith

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi Keith,
Ok we"ll leave the discussion about motorhomes, recreational vehicles, campervans, campers & err motor caravans till you get back home.:whatthe:
On a serious note you all have a great time and look forward to catching up when you get home::bigsmile:

Ken & Dawn.

P.S. Don't forget if you see our motorhome give us a wave & we'll give you & your recreational vechicle a wave back :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back