Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Hi does anybody know of a good site near Granada that will fit a 36ft RV. We are on our way down to Almeria from Portugal and would like to stop off at Granada and see the city and the Alhambra. Hope you can help cheers.:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Guys

Yeah there is a site next door to the bus terminal in Granada which will take a 36ft RV. We were there in September and parked 2 36ft Rvs no problem.
When you enter they will tell you you must choose your own site if you leave the office take the first right turn you will find a big open area with hook ups and water that can easily accommodate large RVs

Details
Camping Sierra Nevada
Avenida Madrid 107, E18014 Granada
Tel 958150062
e-mail campingmotel@terra.es
open 1st March --31 October

Hope this helps:thumb::thumb:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Ror

Is that going to work - he's on his way down there and your site details say open 1 March to 31 October? :RollEyes:

:Smile:
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
There are 3 listed in the ACSI Guide they are all open all year and take large motorhomes.

The nearest and most popular for visiting Granada is Reina Isabel. A little further out are Las Lomas, close to the skiing area, and Alto de Vinuelas. Beautiful views of the mountains in this area.

Phil.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
There are 3 listed in the ACSI Guide they are all open all year and take large motorhomes.
The nearest and most popular for visiting Granada is Reina Isabel. A little further out are Las Lomas, close to the skiing area, and Alto de Vinuelas. Beautiful views of the mountains in this area.
Phil.

Reina Isobel at La Zubia is a lovely small site and very convenient for Granada as the bus stops a short distance away. However, I'm not sure it will take a 36-foot RV. Even though the site was empty and we had choice of pitches we had to stick our 32-foot RV in a corner parked diagonally with the front almost onto the site road.

Las Lomas will take an RV but is high and it's a steep climb up so snow could be a problem. Not as convenient for Granada unless he has secondary transport.

Alto de Vinuelas I don't know but looks like a new site - pitches 60m square.

:Smile:
Keith

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Guys

Yeah there is a site next door to the bus terminal in Granada which will take a 36ft RV. We were there in September and parked 2 36ft Rvs no problem.
When you enter they will tell you you must choose your own site if you leave the office take the first right turn you will find a big open area with hook ups and water that can easily accommodate large RVs

Details
Camping Sierra Nevada
Avenida Madrid 107, E18014 Granada
Tel 958150062
e-mail campingmotel@terra.es
open 1st March --31 October

Hope this helps:thumb::thumb:

Hi Ror

Thanks for the info. looks like a useful stop.
I was trying to locate it exactly on Google maps/satellite to get the GPS co ordinates but wasn't quite sure if I found it or not ...
I checked the site but they don't have them either .. you wouldn't perchance have them already ?

Cheers

Jim

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Jim

Sierra Nevada - I have a report from one of my regulars with a 5'er, going into the Guide this week. Location 37.20018 -3.61450.

Reina Isabel - I have a second report (from Nick & Joy Lennon) going toward the Guide soon: A very small site but well placed to visit Granada. Access easy but site entrance very tight as are the pitches. We got in but only just with our 35ft. Getting out was very interesting! 5 Amp electrics and no serviced pitches. The waste dump was accessible, the wiring was unsafe and the toilet facilities were in need of some TLC. English spoken and helpful staff - a good restaurant but expensive. But getting out - oooh - that is another story!

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim

Sierra Nevada - I have a report from one of my regulars with a 5'er, going into the Guide this week. Location 37.20018 -3.61450.

Reina Isabel - I have a second report (from Nick & Joy Lennon) going toward the Guide soon: A very small site but well placed to visit Granada. Access easy but site entrance very tight as are the pitches. We got in but only just with our 35ft. Getting out was very interesting! 5 Amp electrics and no serviced pitches. The waste dump was accessible, the wiring was unsafe and the toilet facilities were in need of some TLC. English spoken and helpful staff - a good restaurant but expensive. But getting out - oooh - that is another story!

Hi Dick

Thanks for the Co ordinates and reports

Jim

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Jim

Just checked those coordinates again courtesy of Alan Rogers and came up with 37.20667 -3.617222

Not a lot of difference but as far as I can see - no site either?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Dick

That was the problem I had when trying to identify on Google satellite .. :Sad:

Looks just like a car park.. next to a bus rank ?? maybe someone who has been there can confirm ..

Jim

EDIT

Had another look two totally different places

Last edited:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Jim

Just checked those co-ordinates again on the map - and they are all wrong!

Alan Rogers actually quotes the Motel Sierra Nevada and when I looked at the photographs supplied by Jeff and Dinah they actually do show the Motel and the site is at the rear of the motel.

My member (Jeff and Dinah Cooper) quoted the irregular shaped swimming pools and the tree cover - so here are the definitive co=ords.... 37.198229 -3.611631

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Ror

Thanks for the info. looks like a useful stop.
I was trying to locate it exactly on Google maps/satellite to get the GPS co ordinates but wasn't quite sure if I found it or not ...
I checked the site but they don't have them either .. you wouldn't perchance have them already ?

Cheers

Jim

OK Jim

I've located the site on Google Earth and put the cursor on the entrance and the readings are; 37 11'53 55 N 3 36'41 91 W try those mate should do the trick.:thumb:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Yep - yours is on the left-hand gatepost - mine is on the right-hand gatepost!

The only real comment to note (from Jeff and Dinah with their 32ft 5'er) is that larger vehicles will need to go into the left-hand lane of the dual carriageway in order to get round corner more easily.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
That's probably correct but I was 38ft with the motorbike rack on and had no problem getting in. The only problem is people parking in the entrance to go into reception and blocking the route.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
That's interesting, Rory - you were 38ft with motorbike - does that mean you consider that site will take a 40ft OK?

As to Jeff and Dinah saying to go into the outside lane - remember they are in a fifth wheel and maybe don't have as good a turning circle.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Wouldn't want to say that Dick depends on wheelbase and lock mines all overhang.
But getting in and out was no problem Geo was in a Challenger and also had a motorcycle rack on and he had no problem either. The only problem is if the area to the right is full you've had it.

OP
OP
Dreamchaserrv

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Thanks to all for the info we know bout Sierra Nevada but it is closed until March unfortunately. Will check out the others on our way. Thanks again for replys:thumb::thumb:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Camping Suspiro Moro

Hi

Granada. 37.06778 -3.65222 GPS. Just about 100yds off the Main N323

We have used this one with a 28ft R-V and 16ft Trailer. the pitches ARE a bit tight, when we where there a BIG Winnebago (35+) was parked on two pitches, but as it was not being used, I have no idea IF the owner was paying for the two pitches This was in March 2003.

C C Book europe states open March BUT website states ALL YEAR (2009)

Web Site:- Link Removed

If coming from the coast on the 323 its only a tiny detour to see if you can "fit"

Pete

Looked for this camping Seierra nevada? but cannot decide where the entrance is (off)? (caraterra jean? or?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back