Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, everyone, I know one or two funsters own camp sites, we are looking for somewhere to go for christmas and new year. We want hard standing and fully serviced pitch if possible. Any suggestions are welcome and we will consider any area.
Thanks in advance,
Dave and Jen:thumb:

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
We decided late on in the year to go for the new year (about Oct) Nowhere available. I thought oh well:cry: tried much closer to the time and got on a site at last minute. Have tried since the new booking system with CC to get on Rowntree - it is fully booked for the whole year on weekends and during peak times. I will do like I did last year and wait till closer to the time. Maybe I just fell lucky but the site we went on that was supposedly fully booked had loads of vacant pitches. May be worth waiting.

regards

Karen

BornToSki

Free Member
May 12, 2008
Westhoughton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newby
Christmas & New Year 09/10

There is a lovely site at Bolton Abbey, fully serviced hard standing and in a beautiful area. The only negative is that TV reception is poor. Not too far from our area either. PM me if you want further info.

Pauline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the site we went on that was supposedly fully booked had loads of vacant pitches. May be worth waiting.

regards

Karen

seems to happen all the time with the caravan club sites......

ignorant, selfish people book as many pitches as they can, at as many times of the year as they can so they have the pick of where to go, when they want, without the problem of sites being fully booked:Angry:

this makes life hard, for those that are more considerate, when they are told 'sorry, fully booked.':cry:

personally i dont even bother with the CC sites now because of this.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back