site for Bristol Balloon Fiesta (1 Viewer)

californiadreamer

Free Member
Oct 10, 2008
Funster No
There was an article on BBC news about the Bristol Balloon Fiesta and we quite fancied a spontaneous visit in our 27' RV. (I state size and type as it may affect site availability)
Does anyone know of any camp/caravan sites/cs/cl/ths or anywhere available for us to camp?

We really fancy going, we went years ago when it first started and I actually went up in one of the balloons, flying right over Bristol. Happy days!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,The camping & caravan club normaly has a field booked close by all the fun.Its well signposted when you get down there.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Are you a member of any of the clubs? We are here right now and we are members of the CC&C there is still room, though it may be prebooked vans only, but it is very muddy getting onto the site. The MCC have a rally field just outside the Estate and their field looks pretty good. As for any independants, not sure, looking at archies camping there is a place at Baltic Wharf, but it will probably be full. This is because it is free to get into all the events over the 4 days unless you need to park... so most people try to stay as close as possible and then walk or cycle in. We joined the CC&C because we wanted to come here. Though, must say, it is a good 'club' anyway to be in. It is the Avon (Bristol) DA running this rally. Hope this helps, Jane

Last edited:
May 22, 2008
Funster No
Right opposite the Balloon Festival site entrance is a rally site run by the MOTORCARAVANERS
club and just down the lane will be a rally run by the CCC, you have to be members of either club to be on the rallies though.No problem with the size of units on either site, although when we went last year the weather was very wet and vans were towed off both rallies by tractors. Fantastic spectacle and all free [ Balloon Festival ] that is :thumb::thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This was the night glow (a small bit of it!) on again at 9.30pm Saturday hopefully. Jane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

californiadreamer

Free Member
Oct 10, 2008
Funster No
thank you all

Firstly, thanks to all who responded so speedily, really impressed with all the quick and useful answers.

I tried Baltic Wharf initially, as we have stayed there before but, not surprisingly, at this time of year, they are booked up.

Now I can't seem to find info on the other two suggestions. We are in the C&C.C. but despite looking three times through the THS listings I can't find anything.

I also looked on the Motorcaravaners web site, and the is nothing listed in their rally page. We aren't members but might join if necessary.

Am I looking in the wrong places??? Help!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The Baloon Fiesta Rally is organised by the Avon district of the MCC. The following link may be of use to you.

Link Removed

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Californiadreamer... spoke to the marshalls, sent you a PM. Jane

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Firstly, thanks to all who responded so speedily, really impressed with all the quick and useful answers.

I tried Baltic Wharf initially, as we have stayed there before but, not surprisingly, at this time of year, they are booked up.

Now I can't seem to find info on the other two suggestions. We are in the C&C.C. but despite looking three times through the THS listings I can't find anything.

I also looked on the Motorcaravaners web site, and the is nothing listed in their rally page. We aren't members but might join if necessary.

Am I looking in the wrong places??? Help!

Yes you are,look at the August CCC magazine, page 89 bottom left hand corner you will see an entry by AVON [BRISTOL ] DA and it says AUG 5 --10 th Bristol Balloon Festival.Have a great time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back