SITE DOWN - Database Deleted!! (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
At about 1am this morning, somehow our security was breached and our database was deleted :Eeek: We have someone looking at the security logs right now. I have managed to install a working backup, other backups will be installed today so posts made today may or may not be lost. If you have joined Motorhomefun in the last few days we will not have your details so you will have to "join" again.

Sorry about this, and any knock on issues, we are doing our best to resolve the issues and there may well be some times today that you cannot gain access.

And to think I do this for fun:shout::shout::shout::roflmto:::bigsmile:
regards

Jim

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Jim

Sorry to hear of that. I checked my emails this morning and there was one from fun saying that I was being missed et etc and that I had not logged on for ages - thought whats all that about?

Presumably its an automatic thing the software does in this sort of event and is very impressive. I had to reset my passwords etc to access the site

And listen - a simple MOT failure is not worth switching the site off for :Smile:

stew

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Shame about these so and so's who have nothing better to do than to vandalise good things, and Motorhomefun is a good thing! We all see it in so many aspects of life today, whether its graffiti, making town centres no-go areas, or whatever.:cry:

Don't let the b*****ds get you down, Jim, we all appreciate all that you do!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bob and Di

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim,

Spotted the problem early this morning, well done for getting it up and running so quickly. Don't you have other work to do:winky:

Regards

Chris

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well it looks OK, but we have some incremental back ups to install that are giving us problems. Presently it looks like we have 17 days of posts missing:Eeek: Hopefully we will be able to sort this out. I will have Bryans help soon he is much better at this stuff than i am:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well done for your effort thus far Jim.

At least we are still on line and hare a board.

Thank you from us all:thumb:

freakylady

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
I also had one of those 'you've been missed emails' despite the fact that i have been logged in for days with the remember me feature ::bigsmile:

and thanks for the explanation about the missing posts - been looking through the site and couldn't work out why the last post was dated 30th May ! lol

Many thanks for all your very hard work Jim - really love this site its sooooooooooooooo much better than any other motorhome forum

THANKS JIM::bigsmile::thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Things are still not right yet. Bryans not used to being woken at 6am:ROFLMAO:

K

klaatu

Deleted User
I came here quite annoyed and about to complain about the 'spam' I'd received telling me I hadn't been joining in, but now I see the reason I quite understand. I'm not a violent person, but some of the lowlife on the internet who do this sort of thing make my blood boil.

Hope the site is fully recovered soon.

Steve

TravellingCliffs

Free Member
May 15, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 1999
Hi Jim,
I too had one of the "missing you" e-mails. Sorry about the vandals. Keep up the good work.
Tony

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Jim,
I too had one of the "missing you" e-mails. Sorry about the vandals. Keep up the good work.
Tony

I wanna COMPLAIN BIG TIME, I never got a miising you email. dont you luv me no more:cry:

But I got an email about a PM, and that wasn't there, last PM's I have listed were from 26th last month

So in reply to that email,.............. Mark (CLS) just pick their brains, they should know how to wire up solar panels.

Peter

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jim

Just want to say a big thank you for getting the site up and running again so quickly.
I am sure that your efforts are much appreciated by all Funsters.
We will have a couple of cold beers waiting for you at Americana.

Brian & Pam

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Also check your signature as they have reverted to a previous setup, if you set them up or changed it recently :Doh:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Well done Jim and Bryan for getting everything back so quickly. I too had an e mail but it made me smile I have cut and pasted a piece from it See highligh in pink this is the bit that made me smile and immediately log in.

Our membership is still growing fast, the forums, reviews, classified and the Photo Gallery are as busy as ever and we have a calender full of get-togethers. Why pop back in and see us?

Keep up the good work:thumb:

Sonja

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I also got the "missing you" e-mail.
Like a clot I sent an e-mail apologising for my lack of postings and promised to take a more active part in the proceedings.
I never contribute a lot but I do find all the posts very interesting and gain quite a bit of knowledge from reading them. I have only toured in England once so far and that was the Lake District, but once I've saved up enough to buy the right amount of diesel I'll try and join you guys and gals for a "meet".
Cheersthenoo!

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Congratulations Jim, So you didnt realy miss me :ROFLMAO:
Would miss site if it went down totally.

Cheers:thumb:

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
At about 1am this morning, somehow our security was breached and our database was deleted :Eeek: We have someone looking at the security logs right now. I have managed to install a working backup, other backups will be installed today so posts made today may or may not be lost. If you have joined Motorhomefun in the last few days we will not have your details so you will have to "join" again.

Sorry about this, and any knock on issues, we are doing our best to resolve the issues and there may well be some times today that you cannot gain access.

And to think I do this for fun:shout::shout::shout::roflmto:::bigsmile:
regards

Jim

hi jim , a simular thing happened to us at aprox 8.30 am on monday:Sad::cry:
, my engineer has just got us going again after a lot of intensive work trying to find and reinstall an awfull lot of info wich a large proportion appears to be lost!!!it is now 4.15pm wenesday ..:Smile:
any way hope the games have not been lost!!:roflmto::thumb:

best regards jann.:Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Jim it was ARFUR nesting in the server mate.

(P.S. well done for sorting it out, your a great guy and we would miss you.:thumb:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Website

Hi Jim

Not sure if this is connected, but when I logged on today, the main page said I last visited sometime in May, which is not correct, as I was on line yesterday???

Russell

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Russell. Yes there are loads of little quirks we are still ironing out, we are getting there though:thumb: The worst thing is that some members that have joined in the last week or so have to join again. We have already had some Deja vu introductions::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Does that mean you are up or down in the rankings Linda? :roflmto:

koffee

Free Member
Mar 22, 2008
Funster No
Explains why I had the email

I also had an email saying from the site saying not used for a while but it came after I had used the site - funny I thought, must be a problem with one of their scripts not checking dates correctly or something. Reading this thread I now realise it was the 'or something' rather than your code. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
:ROFLMAO:

I wish you well on the incremental restore, always a pain, especially if you do incremental incremental backups.

Good luck in locking down the system and preventing others from causing more grief.

:thumb:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Does that mean you are up or down in the rankings Linda? :roflmto:

Up.......for the time being anyway :roflmto:

Won't be for long once Gail starts re-couping some of her scores though :ROFLMAO:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
deleted

hi:Eeek: does this mean funsters 3 and 4 are back online:Blush: then

worth a punt:RollEyes:

ray:whistle: