Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I'm in McDonalds, and their free WiFi seems to be blocking this site. It was fine yesterday. I've used the Brave browser and Chrome under Windows 10, and |I've also tried using the WiFi on my mobile. However if I use a Tor window in the Brave browser, then I can access the site with no problems via the free WiFi This means that for some reason McDonalds, or their ISP O2, has decided that the site is not family friendly. I'm posting this via the Tor window.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Perhaps it's the 'fun' bit it doesn't like?
?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Was there a link to register the site as a false block?

OP
OP
Wild Brambles

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I'm now in Sainsbury's restaurant, and the ISP here is O2 as well. There are no problems with access using the standard Brave browser. It must be a McDonald's problem, and they used to use Mum's net for site censorship. I wonder if they have just moved to a new company.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I never know which bit to throw away with MacDonalds stuff. Its nearly all garbage, except their milk shakes. :whistle2:

OP
OP
Wild Brambles

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
You can customise your order if you use a "kiosk", but I don't usually have anything other than coffee. I don't even buy the tea, because it is PG tips, and Unilever tried to screw the Brexit voting. It's not very good tea either, and McD often puts the bag in after they have filled the cup with water.

OP
OP
Wild Brambles

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I've just realised that the block wasn't there this morning, so it was obviously some temp. thing.
The drive through computer software wasn't working though, so the main cafe bit was a bit over stretched. In fact I left and cooked my lamb moussaka before going to Sainsbury's for tea.

I'm having such a hard life at the moment. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back