Sit Rep from the Lot, dept 46 (1 Viewer)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Shopping yesterday at Lidl and Leclerc in Gramat, far more customers than the new normal but nowhere near the good old days. Bemused until I remembered that today is a public holiday. More that 50% not wearing masks. Lidl, no flour at all,many gaps on shelves but found what I needed. Leclerc, plenty of flour except wholemeal otherwise sufficient stocks of everything.

Weather is dreadful, cold and wet, typical April showers yesterday but proper rain overnight and today. Reminded me of a little ditty, not sure of origin.

First of May, first of May
Outdoor f****** starts today
If it do come on to rain
We f**** off indoors again

So all action, if any, inside

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Plenty of type 45 flour in Lidl in Gourdon a couple of days ago but Intermarche's flour shelves were all but empty. Fortunately I've enough in stock for a few weeks of home-bake. Agree on the weather but I had to go out to take Hervé the cat to the vet, possibly for the last time. I'll know this afternoon....:(

I've joined the mask wearers now, having been given a rather fetching azure blue fabric one made by a neighbour:giggle:

The big question here is why the Lot is the only département in the SW to be given red zone status when the map was released last evening. Seems to be a glitch in the counting methods, rather than reality, with only a dozen in hospitals here and only one on ventilation. If they don't sort it out it will have a big impact locally.... I was looking forward to a ride on the e-bike on the 11th!

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Sadly, Hervé didn't make it. He arrived unannounced last October and decided to stay. In December I had him vaccinated, spayed and chipped but it seems he picked up Feline FIV before the jabs took effect although he had tested negative in December. He's been going downhill since late January and recently lost the use of one leg and was in a lot of pain, so there wasn't really an option. The vet put him at 3 to 4 years old.

Gonna miss the little man....:(
20191019_124728 (1280x743).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Sadly, Hervé didn't make it. He arrived unannounced last October and decided to stay. In December I had him vaccinated, spayed and chipped but it seems he picked up Feline FIV before the jabs took effect although he had tested negative in December. He's been going downhill since late January and recently lost the use of one leg and was in a lot of pain, so there wasn't really an option. The vet put him at 3 to 4 years old.

Gonna miss the little man....:(View attachment 383986
It’s amazing how creatures get under your skin! Our cat was one that adopted us, he lasted for 14 years. Currently we have been adopted by a domesticated pigeon. He (or she) has rings but unfortunately the chap who answered said he had sold all his birds to someone in Bristol area and doesn’t have contact details, so the rings don’t relate to current owner. Through Facebook enquiries, I have found out he is a Tumbler and not a Racer. He makes a bit of a mess but comes up to me when I am outside and sits outside the kitchen window watching me. I am growing fond of him !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
It’s amazing how creatures get under your skin! Our cat was one that adopted us, he lasted for 14 years. Currently we have been adopted by a domesticated pigeon. He (or she) has rings but unfortunately the chap who answered said he had sold all his birds to someone in Bristol area and doesn’t have contact details, so the rings don’t relate to current owner. Through Facebook enquiries, I have found out he is a Tumbler and not a Racer. He makes a bit of a mess but comes up to me when I am outside and sits outside the kitchen window watching me. I am growing fond of him !
My 40 odd year relationship with Janet started very much like that.

OP
OP
L

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Drove through St Cere on my way to Aldi and Leclerc yesterday. Not quite back to the good old days but many shops of all kinds were open. Most of the people on the streets were wearing masks. My local barber is back at work but booked solidly for over a week. Pom Pom's hairdresser cannot see him for 2 weeks.

Aldi had flour on the shelves but there are many gaps. Leclerc was much the same, only wholemeal flour seemed to be absent.

As you may know we are no longer required to carry an attestation when out and about but might have to justify my journey if more than 100 km from home.

We do not need to go far so will stay on our little hill for the foreseeable future. Our MH has not moved significantly since our return from Portugal at the end of February and we do not plan any trips until the Autumn at the earliest. Even then we will stay in France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back