Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
It does Mo, and there are quite a few of us 5ver owners on RVOC

The reason for the £5 was so we could arrange our own meets and that £5 covers the insurance etc required for us to be able to approach a place and hire it and posibly get it at a good rate for rallies, and was introduced this year as a few suggestions for RV meets were put forward. It was also this year that we finally got our own flag to fly along with the Funster flag.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Me think our bluemad Jim is stiring it:RollEyes:
I vote we confiscate his black tank and give him a cassette:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Can I just say if anybody thinks Jim is getting rich off of either or both of these sights then may I suggest they take a look at the membership and do the math......then take away the years of no fees and the effort that went into building the sites and keep improving them.....I for one must say it is the best by far £15.00 I spend on my RV......compaired to MMM full of adverts and bugger all to do with RV's at £50.00 per yer and plenty on here buy that without complaint.........All I can say is Thanks Jim keep it up.............you owe me a Jamesons for that Jim :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Seriously as some one earlier said if we dont like one but like the other we have a choice, me I enjoy both and the banter and helpfull advice and even some of the jokes......Mo found his schoolboy edition of jokes and some of those bring back memories ::bigsmile:

Enjoy :thumb:

All the best Rick

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Can I just say if anybody thinks Jim is getting rich off of either or both of these sights then may I suggest they take a look at the membership and do the math......then take away the years of no fees and the effort that went into building the sites and keep improving them.....I for one must say it is the best by far £15.00 I spend on my RV......compaired to MMM full of adverts and bugger all to do with RV's at £50.00 per yer and plenty on here buy that without complaint.........All I can say is Thanks Jim keep it up.............you owe me a Jamesons for that Jim :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Seriously as some one earlier said if we dont like one but like the other we have a choice, me I enjoy both and the banter and helpfull advice and even some of the jokes......Mo found his schoolboy edition of jokes and some of those bring back memories ::bigsmile:

All the best Rick

You must have had to take a deep intake of breath before you came forth with that one Rick.
Jim
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
No Jim it is just sometimes I look at some comments and think you do it for that money then, some people have no idea or don't want to......rather than worry about what someone else is or is not making I tend to worry about the what I am making as that puts food on my table :thumb: I didn't aim my comments at any one in particular it was a broad brush so to speak and if the cap fitted........well they can make their own mind up on that ::bigsmile:

All the best Rick

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What size cap ? Is it cheaper than a bowler ? Where can I get one from ? Is there a MHFun one ? Why doesn't anyone read my T shirt ? and is the moon REALLY made of cheese or not ?

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

All the best Rick

Rich, Somebody posted a photo of his house earlier, its a ruddy great church, complete with graveyard.
Jim
:roflmto:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In all fairness I don't think[HI] I have ever seen an anti RV post[/HI] from Buttons [HI]or any one else come to that[/HI].

All the best Rick

Well Rick my friend... we cannot let this disgraceful state of affairs to stay as it is can we?

I think American RV's are oversized, gas guzzling monsters that reflect the appalling attitude of the US of A to over use of the world's natural resources... These huge perceived status symbols have no place in European society or on its roads... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We can't see the point of Fun and the RVOC either. We are either as one, or not.

Friends of ours once told us, that we couldn't attend an RVOC rally/meet because we didn't own an RV. :Eeek:

Regards,

Jock & Rita. :Sad:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We probably have them as we cannot afford to run motorhomes and buy plots of land in sunny parts of Europe to park up :ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We can't see the point of Fun and the RVOC either. We are either as one, or not.

Friends of ours once told us, that we couldn't attend an RVOC rally/meet because we didn't own an RV. :Eeek:

Regards,

That is false Jock
Its because your a German:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
geo

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Well Rick my friend... we cannot let this disgraceful state of affairs to stay as it is can we?

I think American RV's are oversized, gas guzzling monsters that reflect the appalling attitude of the US of A to over use of the world's natural resources... These huge perceived status symbols have no place in European society or roads... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well all I can say to that is Bol***s :Tongue1::Tongue1::rollonfloor:

All the best mate missed you last year hope life is good.

Rick
PS
Just noticed you said european society thank goodness I am not european I'm English......and I know ScotJim is a Scotsman and proud of it

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins

Regards,

See you at Rutland then :thumb:

All the best Rick

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
See you at Rutland then :thumb:

All the best Rick
All being well Rick, you certainly will...........as a Funster :winky:

Geo said:
That is false Jock
Its because your a German. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo, du bist ein Scheiß Rührer. :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock. :winky:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
It strikes me some of these posts give a clear clue as to why it's a good idea to keep RVers away from the rest of you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You have not seen one????

In all fairness I don't think I have ever seen an anti RV post from Buttons or any one else come to that.

All the best Rick

I thought our Buttons was well know to all of us re his claims of fuel and that RV's use to much.. oh well ..

Buttons is a good sport and joins in with the banter all the time.. he takes the ribbing re his fuel claims and the issues of the dog very well.. But he has to have his pop at RV's:Sad:

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As I said Larry I amazed that Rick has missed them

Oh Rick, you musta missed Buttons posts about how RVs are thirsty and his VW does about 96mpg :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As I said Larry amazed that Rick has missed them.. Buttons often part takes in RV bashing.. but then Rick perhaps does not read as many posts on the MHF as he does on RVOC..

But Buttons does make life fun on the MHF.. I really enjoy our banter with him... as I do with Chris Green, Jim Shifftz and a lot of others each day.:winky:

Bob:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

I think American RV's are oversized, gas guzzling monsters that reflect the appalling attitude of the US of A to over use of the world's natural resources... These huge perceived status symbols have no place in European society or on its roads... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ridiculous Vehicles :youbetcha:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Veni, vidi, vici

it does not fit or anything, just thought I would through it in anyway ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I somehow did not think Buttons would miss the chance

Ridiculous Vehicles :youbetcha:

If I had taken a bet out, I certainly would have won. I had a feeling Buttons was lurking out there waiting his time to pounce.

That is why I prefer the MHF to the RVOC (despite belonging to both) .. on MHF you can have a really good debate and the members do not make it personal. Reading one post today I saw the comment that if someone did not like the jokes why not leave... or words to that effect. Why should they leave? If as I feel, I can add to a question or seek information from RVOC and having an RV then that is what I do. It seems some do not like you to express your views without wishing that person to leave the forum. I contribute to both places, both have the place in the whole bigger world of motor homing. It should be about the past time not scoring points.

I just feel on MHF the debates are better, perhaps it is the people on here? I do not know. But I do see regular RVOC members posting on both sides. I started here in MHF first, I still think it is a great place to be. But then so is RVOC if you ignore some of the posts or people on it. I have good friends on both sites. I have no intention of staying one side of the fence or the other.

On the whole posts run longer and get more input on MHF than RVOC... OK more members with a wider pool of knowledge and views perhaps make that happen. It is easy to sit back and just read the comments, it is another to join in and express some views. I do not agree with all I read on either the RVOC or MHF, but I do believe everyone who is a paid up member has the rights to express there views without someone trying to run rough shod over them. Even members with a few post have valid points to make or can express views. It should not be seen as an us and them... we all enjoy a motorhome regardless what box you want to put it in to.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back