Sink waste trap.(Motorhome) (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Now this is the second time this has happened but the waste trap on the kitchen sink has failed. The first time we were on our way to Scotland and the bottom of the trap seemed to crumble away. I got away with it that time as I was able to do a temp repair using that leak fixing putty I picked up in a B&Q. Last week, first night away, it happened again. The centre part of the waste where the screw connects to the top part disintegrated. No temp fix this time. We think the culprit may be the Zoflora that my wife uses when cleaning up at the end of a trip. Any thoughts?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I was going to say caused by bleach, but zoflora is strong stuff too. Best buy 2 new traps so you have a spare in the van for next time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
New trap ordered. If it's the correct one I'll order spare.
Buggered Bognor; buggered trap ... [used to work in Victoria Drive, Bognor, 1992 to 1998].

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Guess it's a Reich trap. The bottom plastic screw-on plate on mine crumbled recently. We don't use any agressive cleaning products...guess it was just old age.

To date, we've replaced both kitchen and bathroom traps in a van that's over 10 years old.

Good idea to carry a spare although our bathroom trap is a different design to that of the kitchen trap.

OP
OP
Bognor Saint
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Guess it's a Reich trap. The bottom plastic screw-on plate on mine crumbled recently. We don't use any agressive cleaning products...guess it was just old age.

To date, we've replaced both kitchen and bathroom traps in a van that's over 10 years old.

Good idea to carry a spare although our bathroom trap is a different design to that of the kitchen trap.
Sounds like ours. Our first one crumbled less than a year old.
The replacement that I ordered arrived but even though it was Dometic it was too small. I could have made it work but on off chance I phoned our supplying dealer and luckily they had one in stock. So all sorted now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back