Single Glazing in Kingham/Warwick range - does is work? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One vital piece of kit for anyone who buys a single glazed PVC would be a Karcher window vac, even with window pads internally you'd still get some so this would proved to be a godsend.

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Agree with you both - we have a Karcher window vac at home and will probably invest in a smaller version to keep in the van (as opposed to having to remember to pack it!).

also will be investing in silver screens and some internal window pads, the silver screen definitely made a difference before 👍🏻

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Can you actually buy the window pads as we are asking our auntie to make us some 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can you actually buy the window pads as we are asking our auntie to make us some 👍
Even if you could buy them you can be sure they'd be 10 times the cost for a pre-made set compared to you paying for bespoke ones to be made by a local sewing firm, so your Auntie should be able to do them for a fraction of the cost ... just make sure to give her a nice pressie for doing them ... and I don't mean chocs and flowers! :giggle:

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Even if you could buy them you can be sure they'd be 10 times the cost for a pre-made set compared to you paying for bespoke ones to be made by a local sewing firm, so your Auntie should be able to do them for a fraction of the cost ... just make sure to give her a nice pressie for doing them ... and I don't mean chocs and flowers! :giggle:
Auntie Jea is a self confessed chocoholic.
But my fav auntie will be greatly rewarded. After all its them who got us into motorhoming.
This is me and Uncle Moz in Italy where they ran a campsite.
20190911_193218.jpg

For eurocamp.

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
my SIL used this on his camper...had some left over so i made some internal side screens (we have two front side windows each side) and they work a treat.
he used some rubber suckers but ours just needed some 'velcro' stuff.
not cheap, by seems to be 'proper' stuff.
<Broken link removed>

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
We have a 2018 Kingham, love it. We lived in it full time between houses from mid Sept 20 to mid Jan 21 (Bodmin Moor Cornwall)
Heating works fine, we had exterior cab thermal covers but never used them.
Yes on very damp days there was some condensation, but the karcher window vac soon got that gone. Would not change the van it is ideal 👍

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
We have a 2018 Kingham, love it. We lived in it full time between houses from mid Sept 20 to mid Jan 21 (Bodmin Moor Cornwall)
Heating works fine, we had exterior cab thermal covers but never used them.
Yes on very damp days there was some condensation, but the karcher window vac soon got that gone. Would not change the van it is ideal 👍
That’s good to hear as we ordered one and pick it up on 5th May!

looking at the Autosleepers Owners Forum does make me wonder what I’ve let myself in for though 🤣. I guess it’s like any vehicle specific forum, people only post when they want help with a problem. He said, hopefully 🙄

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years

looking at the Autosleepers Owners Forum does make me wonder what I’ve let myself in for though 🤣. I guess it’s like any vehicle specific forum, people only post when they want help with a problem. He said, hopefully 🙄
Photos and updates !!

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs

MM, good luck with the purchase, hope a goes well. No doubt will see you soon on the AS Forum, hopefully notvwith too many issues👍

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
V nice! Thanks for showing us.
You’ll have loads of fun in that, Nice colour upholstery. Stay with us obviously but also use the AS forum, loads of expertise on there. I do like the useful caddy on the bsck of the cabinet, gives me an idea... :unsure:
keep us updated on your travels

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
ooooh, lovely van but should have gone for the new nine speed auto on a Fiat chassis....do they have one in stock you can do a swap/deal on....? just give the sales chap that smile and he'll be putty in your hands....😱

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back