Single flickering LED Light (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2015
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Hymer TSL 588
Exp
Since 2015
One of the ceiling lights in my Hymer TSL 588 has started flickering, just one, all the rest are behaving fine. If it was a voltage fluctuation issue I would have expected it to possibly affect other lights. How do I remove it to check if it is a wiring or bulb issue? I cannot find any information in my Hymer booklet about removing and replacing an LED light. I do not want to just pry it out if there is a proprietary method of removing it.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
it will almost certainly be the bulb about to fail

so many light variants can't easily help with how to get at the bulb, but on ours it is a gentle lever off of the flat glass cover, then the bulb is on 2 prongs, just pull out

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree it will be the lamp failing. If you post pic we may be able to tell you how to get it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I replaced all the tungsten bulbs with LEDs in our last 'van. A couple of them started flickering after a while but it was just one LED element that flickered not the entire bulb. Still annoying though. Cheap bulbs!

OP
OP
G
Jan 28, 2015
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Hymer TSL 588
Exp
Since 2015
Was doing a bit more research and found it is a Dometic downlight and you twist the surround left and then remove the lamp. Problem solved and lamp out. Sourcing a replacement. Thanks for the help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back