Since there are so many newbies... (1 Viewer)

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2 years with a campervan; saw the light, now mortorhome newbie
...Would the established members like to nominate the top pages and topics that they'd recommend newbies read or check out?

For instance, I've read that there are some discounts available to Funsters, but don't know where to find details on those.

Someone kindly signposted me to a technical manual they thought would be helpful, but I wouldn't know where to look for more technical manuals.

I'd like to know if anyone's created a lexicon/dictionary of all the acronyms and technical terms a newbie might not know...

Also, I thought I'd posted the pic of our rig on all the relevant bits of my profile, but it's not showing up in the garage.

Tips for newbies to help us get the most from the site would be much appreciated!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The navigation panel on the left hand side is worth a good browse to give you an idea of what is there. You should be able to find most things :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Jim has got quite a few help videos up for guidance there. Jim also has a lust of terminology. The search option is also really handy, failing any of that just ask and someone will point you in the right direction.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Old Mo site full of wit and wisdom along with the knowledge of a wise judge.:thumb::thumb::thumb: this will get my vote.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:Eeek:OMG. I meant list, :Blush:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Jim has got quite a few help videos up for guidance there. [HI]Jim also has a lust of terminology.[/HI] The search option is also really handy, failing any of that just ask and someone will point you in the right direction.:Smile:

You mean he talks a lot Carol?:ROFLMAO:

Only when beer is involved so newbies buy him a beer anytime
at a meeting :winky::winky:

Same applies to anyone else really we are a friendly lot:winky::winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the forum. Be nosey and have a good look around, manuals etc are in downloads, the different forum headings give a good idea of what is in there. Search is great all the answers are there someplace. When all else fails just ask and someone or a dozen will come up with an answer PDQ.

OP
OP
wellsprungalice

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2 years with a campervan; saw the light, now mortorhome newbie
The navigation panel on the left hand side is worth a good browse to give you an idea of what is there. You should be able to find most things :thumb:

See? First post up, and got invaluable information. Like, there should be a nav panel on the LHS - there isn't one on my view (which probably means I haven't got my view set up right). If I'd never asked, I never would have known! :Smile:

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you click on the word HOME on the left of the 1st blue line down from the to ( just under the wee picture of the motorhome and the words MotorhomeFun.co.uk, that will take you to the forums home page.
There should be a panel on the left hand side of the screen :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back