Simploo Composting Toilet (1 Viewer)

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
We've been using a composting loo I made in our van for the last 8 months wich has worked just fine for the two of us, however it's to big for the space, I built it as a multipurpose loo/storage/step but in reality it's just to big so been looking around for a replacement. Now I could make a smaller one myself now I know what I'm doing but have seen the Simploo Composting Loo which actually looks good and much cheaper £300 ish, than the Natures Head/Airhead options which are around the £1000

We've still our larger motorhome which has a Marine toilet, waste tanks underneath which we may move back to using soon so would look at replacing that with Simploo if it's as good as they say it is.

Who's using Composting loos in their self builds and which ones are you using?

Here's the link to the Simploo:

www.simploo.co.uk/

Shawn

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I do. I still have my cassette but using it only for number1 and paper goes in a bin.
I didn t built mine. I found a cheap sort of high bucket but with a we lead on, so looks like a proper toilet for 12,90. Being on my own it increases my autonomy. I can now stay 10 days without emptying. I use sawdust and cat eucalyptus granuls. Working fine. At least I can dump anywhere there is vegetation. No chemical, natural drying and transforming. Love it!

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I made mine from a Separett privy 500 kit which costs around £70

End result was this and its worked perfectly ever since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Looks to be a New product on ebay:-

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Looks to be a New product on ebay:-
As a limited niche market product that’s a fair price, it needs a bit of refinement mainly seals etc to keep the flies out and perhaps an option for an external urine tank.

Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
Im looking at the Cinderella incinerator loo, which I thought was absolutely great, But seems as though not many people have them or are very interested.

Duckato

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Im looking at the Cinderella incinerator loo, which I thought was absolutely great, But seems as though not many people have them or are very interested.
£3650 is a bit too expensive for my budget, fantastic idea though.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

The Cinderella loo is superb and a great way to spend a spare £4k.

Aug 23, 2019
Cape Town
Funster No
MH
Merc Unimog U1700L
Exp
Overlander
The Cinderella loo is superb and a great way to spend a spare £4k.
I get the expense, its a bitter pill to swallow, But it will save a lot of frustration further down the line, also in build cost as I don't need to plumb it in to the waste and water system, I don't need to carry additional water or worry about emptying it. Ill be driving long distances in very remote areas so this setup seems to fit my plan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back