Simplon Pass - anywhere to stay? (1 Viewer)

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi

We are off to see the Costa Concordia be "parbuckled" (basically pulled upright) and we intend to go via Besancon, Lake Geneva and the Simplon Pass

Is there anywhere to stay, "atop the pass"? I recall a cafe there years ago, where we stopped with a coach, but can't think if there is an aire or anything.

Any info?

Russell

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It was possibly Victors or The Monkey house. This time of year try Mt Cenis, its free.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You asked for the name of the restaurant you stopped at years ago. Victors and the monkey house are old established truck and coach stops.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Before you get to Simplon (way before) you can stop for a cuppa at ours if you want ?

Either way there's a few places on the Simplon although mainly on the Swiss side. There is an Auberge on the summit just where we took this photo last Easter (just behind where I was standing)

P1010090.jpg

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
I stayed at the restaurant/hotel at Simplon Klum (Swiss side) in winter once and there were 2 MHs parked in car park overnight Came into restaurant bar had a drink and use toilet and water facilities.
Hospice round the corner towards Italy also have a large car park , Highly recommend a visit, also a picnic area in the vicinity (aire) where there was a MH parked up for a long period (winter sport) while I was there.
So I guess there is a few options for overnight stay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back