simple tv aerial (1 Viewer)

largodandle

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
Just need a simple tv aerial for quick viewing when not using the dish. Limited space in autosleeper executive. Any suggestions please?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Coat hanger .. can't get more simple than that.. :roflmto:

Set top or outside aerial ?

Plenty of cheap set top ones but with dubious reception.. omnidirectional roof aerials are expensive and a waste of money.
To get reliable terrestrial TV you really need a directional one fixed on the ladder or the van wall with suckers.

But why go to that expense and trouble when you have a sat dish ?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We bought one from Flea Bay.Works a dream and sticks to the outside window above the cab.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi largodandle, I can see you falling into the -- I need trap--- buying al sorts that you may need :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If it is not broke then do not mend it :thumb:My garage is full of crap that I may need :ROFLMAO:
After all,::bigsmile: You need another van in case the one you have breaks :ROFLMAO:
Wait until your sat packs up then go out and buy a cheapo tv Ariel for a tenner (same as you put on house roof ) that will do until you fix the dish :thumb:
terry
you need my Mrs who always asks what do you need that for ? answer just in case ?

heehee did not realise it took me 11 mins to write this

Last edited:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Just need a simple tv aerial for quick viewing when not using the dish. Limited space in autosleeper executive. Any suggestions please?

The Status Compact ticks all the boxes for about £20. I don't usually need anything else when away in the truck.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi largodandle, I can see you falling into the -- I need trap--- buying al sorts that you may need :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If it is not broke then do not mend it :thumb:My garage is full of crap that I may need :ROFLMAO:
After all,::bigsmile: You need another van in case the one you have breaks :ROFLMAO:
Wait until your sat packs up then go out and buy a cheapo tv Ariel for a tenner (same as you put on house roof ) that will do until you fix the dish :thumb:
terry
you need my Mrs who always asks what do you need that for ? answer just in case ?

heehee did not realise it took me 11 mins to write this

did you check that on both your everyday watch and your spare one Terry...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back