simple tv aerial

largodandle

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Just need a simple tv aerial for quick viewing when not using the dish. Limited space in autosleeper executive. Any suggestions please?

scotjimland

Free Member
Jul 25, 2007
MH
Exp
Coat hanger .. can't get more simple than that.. :roflmto:

Set top or outside aerial ?

Plenty of cheap set top ones but with dubious reception.. omnidirectional roof aerials are expensive and a waste of money.
To get reliable terrestrial TV you really need a directional one fixed on the ladder or the van wall with suckers.

But why go to that expense and trouble when you have a sat dish ?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
South yorks
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2001
Hi largodandle, I can see you falling into the -- I need trap--- buying al sorts that you may need :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If it is not broke then do not mend it :thumb:My garage is full of crap that I may need :ROFLMAO:
After all,::bigsmile: You need another van in case the one you have breaks :ROFLMAO:
Wait until your sat packs up then go out and buy a cheapo tv Ariel for a tenner (same as you put on house roof ) that will do until you fix the dish :thumb:
terry
you need my Mrs who always asks what do you need that for ? answer just in case ?

heehee did not realise it took me 11 mins to write this

Last edited:

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Just need a simple tv aerial for quick viewing when not using the dish. Limited space in autosleeper executive. Any suggestions please?
The Status Compact ticks all the boxes for about £20. I don't usually need anything else when away in the truck.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
YO11 2BD
MH
Homeless
Exp
Since 2005
Hi largodandle, I can see you falling into the -- I need trap--- buying al sorts that you may need :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If it is not broke then do not mend it :thumb:My garage is full of crap that I may need :ROFLMAO:
After all,::bigsmile: You need another van in case the one you have breaks :ROFLMAO:
Wait until your sat packs up then go out and buy a cheapo tv Ariel for a tenner (same as you put on house roof ) that will do until you fix the dish :thumb:
terry
you need my Mrs who always asks what do you need that for ? answer just in case ?

heehee did not realise it took me 11 mins to write this
did you check that on both your everyday watch and your spare one Terry...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services