simple question (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Sorry if this has been discussed before. Does anybody know, if you can you download the Tous Anti Covid app while in the UK, and put your vaccine record QR code downloaded on to it. But use it in France to enter places with data roaming turned off. Can the code still be read? This question comes from a complete technophobe.
Thank you
James (marpool)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I’m interested to see any informed replies to this thread as I’m hoping to go to France next month and am getting bogged down with reading all the ‘musts and don’t needs’ 🤔🤔

Feb 19, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have downloaded the app and it has the functionality to upload vaccination certificates. If you take a screenshot of the QR code then it will be in “your photos“ so it will be on your phone and you can access it without using data.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi Kenny. All well here thank you. If all stays the same and we can wade our way through all the red tape we are off to France for a month on the 5th of Sept. Looking forward to using the van again rather than just having it sat there doing nothing. Hope all is well with you and Tracy and good to see the new van is working out for you.
James

Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Exp
Can you not just carry your paper copy

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
marpool , I put our house on the market yesterday, 8 viewing this weekend , if it’s sold reasonably quick & I’m homeless lol , we were thinking of going to France/Spain for a few months (cv permitting ) , so obtaining info just in case , hope you make it 👍

Deleted User
This is current information on the French Consulate website in London:

People vaccinated in the UK can now import their NHS QR code into the TousAntiCovid app. You can also present a digital or paper NHS certificate showing your full vaccine status.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Can you not just carry your paper copy
The problem with your NHS paper copy is that it may not be recognised or understood by a Frenchman/woman who may then stop you entering the bar/ restaurant/ bus/ train. It's very easy to download the French app whilst at home and just scan the QR codes off your NHS paper certificates

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The problem with your NHS paper copy is that it may not be recognised or understood by a Frenchman/woman who may then stop you entering the bar/ restaurant/ bus/ train. It's very easy to download the French app whilst at home and just scan the QR codes off your NHS paper certificates

Have all the restaurants/cafes etc. got QR readers?

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I believe that they just need to look at the app to confirm your vaccination status. I don't think a reader is required although all smartphones can read QR codes. Reading posts from Funsters in France its 50/50 whether they look or not

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I believe that they just need to look at the app to confirm your vaccination status. I don't think a reader is required although all smartphones can read QR codes. Reading posts from Funsters in France its 50/50 whether they look or not

Can you please explain how to this numpty.

I have just looked at our Samsung S7 and cannot find an App that will do that.

Geoff

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You can down load of QR reading apps for all smartphones. But these days on smartphones you just operate your camera, shove it near the QR code and it does what the QR code has told it to do.

For instance the other week into a pub, as you walk in QR code, camera near QR code. Your phone then shows you their menu, which you can order from, and enter your info.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Yes as above, open camera, point at QR code, it should read it and show a little pop up button or link to the website or information in the QR code. Press button or link and info opens in new window

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
They use an app called TousAntiCovid Verif to scan your QR code. You can download the app yourself if you want to check that your code works.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back