Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
We have been out a number of times in our 2005 Burstner on a Fiat. This has again has its heater under the fixed bed which has kept us nice and cosy warm when on low themostat during the night.
However, I have had trouble trying to get hot water, initially because the water in the main tank kept being dumped - I thought this was through the safety valve on the Truma boiler.
So this weekend I filled the main tank on site, allowed the Truma tank to fill,
and swithed the controls to water and heating.
After washing pots and settling down we smelt burning. When I checked the Truma unit it was so hot I thought it could set itself alight. I turned everything off and allowed it to cool down.
I haven't attempted to operate the hot water yet - we did use the heating and that seemed ok but I think the thermostat may not be so good as I can't seem to set it on low.
Any ideas on how to set about sorting this problem would be appreciated

thanks
don

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
In 2005 there was a problem with some truma boilers that overheated. There was a recall on them for mod to be carried out. May be worth checking if yours was done.

Lunarman

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Good advice from Lunarman but if it turns out not to be a recall situation I would get it checked out by a qualified motorhome engineer.

The arrangement of heater under the fixed bed is the same in our Burstner t625 Harmony (2003 reg). When away in freezing conditions a month ago we left the water heater on low all the time and even had the space heating on low overnight one particularly night.

The water heater on low alone was enough to stop dumping so it seems as if your unit has a fault. Hope it turns out to be easy to fix.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
wild guess as you mentioned that your unit dumped water (freezing protection) did you bleed the whole system before filling up again may be there is an air lock in the hot water unit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back