SIM card reasonable deal. (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
Got a Mifi fitted in the bus and got round to looking for a SIM card for it. In this process of getting prices managed two update my phone packages as well . Was paying £17 per phone for 5 GB and unlimited calls and texts from EE. Jumped ship via BT to EE for 40GB for £18 a month on a 12 month contract. That just left the Mifi to sort out and in my infinite wisdom went with a different provider with Unlimited Data for £27 a month. Speak about “belt and braces”?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Got a Mifi fitted in the bus and got round to looking for a SIM card for it. In this process of getting prices managed two update my phone packages as well . Was paying £17 per phone for 5 GB and unlimited calls and texts from EE. Jumped ship via BT to EE for 40GB for £18 a month on a 12 month contract. That just left the Mifi to sort out and in my infinite wisdom went with a different provider with Unlimited Data for £27 a month. Speak about “belt and braces”?

Diversity is not to be sniffed at.

In our household, we are with three different providers. We can almost guarantee that one of them has a decent signal.

Ian

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
We use the 3 sim card listed below in our Mifi which allows for a period of 24 months to use all of the data unlike many that only last a month or two. Phones fitted with a £7.00 a month sim from 02 which always seems to cover the amount of calls made.

Amazon product ASIN B01M3VJ2B2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The home broadband deal we had with Plusnet ended last week so having taken out a deal with Vodafone for the HUAWEI Mifi which is unlimited use at £30 a month to use in the van we are trying that at home.
Definitely not the same as fibre broadband but we go to Spain in 6 weeks for 3 months so worth trying.
I have had a external aerial delivered today so that may boost it up a bit when the cables arrive.
The Mifi can see the mast on the hill about a mile away through a window so currently on 5g or so it says on the screen.

OP
OP
Cairngorm
Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
The home broadband deal we had with Plusnet ended last week so having taken out a deal with Vodafone for the HUAWEI Mifi which is unlimited use at £30 a month to use in the van we are trying that at home.
Definitely not the same as fibre broadband but we go to Spain in 6 weeks for 3 months so worth trying.
I have had a external aerial delivered today so that may boost it up a bit when the cables arrive.
The Mifi can see the mast on the hill about a mile away through a window so currently on 5g or so it says on the screen.
What kind of download speeds are you achieving.

OP
OP
Cairngorm
Jan 3, 2017
Huntly
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640 SD
Exp
Since 2004
Varies quite a bit which is why I’m going to try the aerial, this morning it’s between 15 and 18 mb/s.
Just waiting on the SIM card to turn up. I hope you get a big increase in speed with the aerial attached as the speeds you have are a bit pedantic for me. ??

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Just changed one of two phones to vodaphone from both being on three to give belt and braces approach.
Locally the download speed is 22 to 26 on 3, but only 1.9 to 2.1 on Vodaphone.
Upload is also significantly better on 3 (6 versus 0.5)
got 11 days to cancel and go back to three. £20.0pm unlimited everything sim.
Most probably will do so.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
ya know......GiffGaff often gets overlooked........

£20 for one month.........40GB.......... No contract............ turn it up or down as needed (y)

Aubs

Free Member
Sep 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2014
Voxi which is a sister company of Vodafone is also well worth a look at. Only a 1 month contract and the plans are very well priced.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Looked at vodaphone unlimited data but it only gives 25 gb of data a month when abroad,,so not enough for tv streaming.Shame ,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back