Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
I have contacted Silver Screens for a price on external screens for my 1991 Hymer 544. They sent me a pretty vague price list and suggested I go over to the factory to obtain "the best deal"

Has anyone any experience of "deals" that can be done and if it will be worth my while to make the 150 mile round trip?

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
someone once told me that they have a factory shop were they sell seconds at a fraction of the price, ask about those

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hi there RedJumpa,

I think we spoke about Silver Screens at Carsington in October. As I mentioned at the time, we bought their 'Show Grade' product at a reasonable discount to the standard product. The only difference is in the lack of a 'buy-back' option if ever you want to change them, and they are made from end-of-roll material so can be a bit wrinkly. However, the wrinkles disappear after a couple of uses.

I suspect the invitation to visit may have something to do with the age of your van. Silver Screens may not keep that model in stock - so do not have an 'off the shelf deal' to offer. As I was buying for a 2003 B630, I did the whole transaction by phone. They were very helpful and answered any questions I had.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
if you do go to see them and have one in stock .you will get a discount that will pay for you dev.i did . :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sammyb

Deleted User
silver insulation screens

I have contacted Silver Screens for a price on external screens for my 1991 Hymer 544. They sent me a pretty vague price list and suggested I go over to the factory to obtain "the best deal"

Has anyone any experience of "deals" that can be done and if it will be worth my while to make the 150 mile round trip?

Give Van Comfort - a ring they do Silver Insulation Screens for A-Class
@ £157.50 - They might be able to help.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No

Try watching eBay.
I bought a Silver Screen for my van off there for £20, used it for a year, then decided to buy internal screens (also found on eBay).

I put the external SS back on eBay where they sold for £53.

Alternatively you can make your own up from radiator insulating material found in DIY stores (looks very similar to internal screen material). Costs a fraction of SS price, does the same job, but you don't get the Silver Screen badge on in the corner!

J

John West

Deleted User
hi if any one has a budget to work to .and a little time, i have a ducato panel camper/conversion, i purchased insulated screen covers from the pound shop.and also the suckers to hold them on the windows ,i cut them to size for the front side windows {door}, it could be done for the wind screen ,but i have left it as it is , so to leave a slight space around edge ,which i use for little light in ,or to see a little out , they are standard car type ,but have made quite adiffrence in keeping the heat in , ithey do get some condensation behind them by the morning ,but we have had pretty rainy times,
:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back