Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I've just been reading through some of the postings on the forum that I can no longer post on because I haven't paid £10 :Sad: and one posting related to displaying a sign to warn following drivers that the vehicle in front was Left Hand Drive:whatthe: I mean what difference would knowing make?

Does anyone from years ago remember cars with signs on the back WARNING of Disc Brakes being fitted :ROFLMAO:

One sign I regularly see these days is BABY or CHILD ON BOARD why do people display these signs, does it make YOU drive differently towards the vehicle displaying the sign.......do you deliberately NOT crash into it?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What other daft signs have you seen displayed either on vehicles or road side?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
These new Matrix signs above the motorways drive me nuts.

Going into Cardiff this morning for a meeting and there's a huge sign warning drivers not to run low on fuel. Bet its sponsored by a fuel company. Drives me nuts all this dumbing down crap; must be turning into a Grumpy Old Man. :Angry:

NEV3

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
North East Wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1996
I have LEFT HAND DRIVE signs on the rear of my motorhome specificly to warn others that my rear vision to the offside is somewhat restricted, and especialy my offside front wing area. From your input here it would appear I may be wasting my time!

To get back to silly signs; how silly are FOG WARNING signs on motorways. I usually manage to see the fog for myself without someone telling me it's there.

NEV3

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I have LEFT HAND DRIVE signs on the rear of my motorhome specificly to warn others that my rear vision to the offside is somewhat restricted, and especialy my offside front wing area. From your input here it would appear I may be wasting my time!

To get back to silly signs; how silly are FOG WARNING signs on motorways. I usually manage to see the fog for myself without someone telling me it's there.

NEV3

Sorry NEV but you appear to have shot yourself in the foot.Fog warnings on Motorways are due to the fact that Fog usually forms in low lying areas and so due to speeds on Motorways you may suddenly hit a small blanket of fog even though every where else appears clear. Do you not remember the infamous pile ups that used to occur and in fact due to some people not being aware of this some times still do.:whatthe:

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
[
One sign I regularly see these days is BABY or CHILD ON BOARD why do people display these signs, does it make YOU drive differently towards the vehicle displaying the sign.......do you deliberately NOT crash into it?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What other daft signs have you seen displayed either on vehicles or road side?[/QUOTE]

Emergency serices will be in a position to check once they see one of these signs if a baby or child was in the vehicle the child being small might have be thrown under a seat or out of view or even thrown out.

When they say COOL CAT ON BOARD or similar then thats stupid:ROFLMAO:

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
hi mick

my favourite, seen in florida on the back of a pickup truck toad behind an rv not unlike yours read "please be patient, i'm pushing as hard as i can"

des

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
'how's my driving? Phone...........
sometimes I'm tempted to phone up and say'like a moron'!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
CAUTION "AIR " BRAKES.

What was that all about?:ROFLMAO:

Here's one reply I found.

They warn other motorists, as they are more powerful than regular brakes, so if your following close behind in a car, and the truck brakes hard, its likely that youll crash into it. In other words, leave a bigger gap.

Last edited:
A

animal

Deleted User
try down here "Cornish Car"
"SO"
do that mean 'it'll get there drekly'
on another subject, do i have to pay a £10 admition fee to join this club? :cry:
keep seeing it pop up thread to thread

OP
OP
MicknPat

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I once attended a section of road flooded with about 2 foot of water,we requested the Council attend to erect temporary warning signs.........I couldn't believe my eyes when they arrived and put up signs saying LOOSE CHIPPINGS:Eeek:

Chap said they had run out of 'Flood' signs.:roflmto:

OP
OP
MicknPat

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007

Emergency services will be in a position to check once they see one of these signs if a baby or child was in the vehicle the child being small might have be thrown under a seat or out of view or even thrown out.

Good point Buccaneer, however if that is the case shouldn't the driver remove the sign when child or baby is NOT being carried?

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
I would like to know how a series of signs telling us that the A38 has had x amount of accidents and that road improvements are scheduled actually have any use.
In 23 years of driving this particular stetch there have been no accidents, oh only the one near accident when I was driving along reading these stupid signs and nearly crashed into the car in front !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

nick

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
try down here "Cornish Car"
"SO"
do that mean 'it'll get there drekly'
on another subject, do i have to pay a £10 admition fee to join this club? :cry:
keep seeing it pop up thread to thread

The £10 fee mentioned is charged by anothe motorhome website, motorhomefacts, to become a subscriber.

THIS site is free.

HTH
Bryan

Kell

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Dorset
Funster No
'how's my driving? Phone...........
sometimes I'm tempted to phone up and say'like a moron'!

A truck owner/driver had the 'How's my driving' sign followed by his own cabphone number. I can imagine some of the exchanges!

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
A sign placed near the State Prison on Interstate 10, Near Phoenix, AZ, states that ‘Do Not Stop for Hitchhikers’.
The sign at Boyne Falls, Michigan, U.S. 131, instructs ‘Do not pass while opposing traffic present’.
A warning to tourists at Highway 26, Idaho Falls, Idaho states that ‘Don't laugh at the natives’.
There was a sign on the road, which asks us to ‘Ignore this sign’.
At entrance to jail in the Sheriff's Dept., Warrden County, IN, a sign reads – ‘No weapons beyond this point’. It is written below in Braille too.
A sign indicating a left bend in the road had ‘Keep Right’ written underneath.
A warning sign at Rim Drive, Durango, CO, states ‘Do Not Hit This Sign’.
In various parts of Jamaica, Speed Bumps are called Sleeping Policemen. So, you can find warning signs at some places stating that there are ‘Sleeping Policemen Ahead’.
Demazin Infant Drops has warning imprinted on it stating that ‘This formula may cause drowsiness. If affected do not operate heavy machinery or drive a vehicle’. Of course, baby needs to be told of this! A similar warning can be seen on Boot's Childrens Cough Medicine.
Bayer Aspirin warns the patients that ‘Do not take if allergic to aspirin’, as if the name leaves any doubt of it being an Aspirin.
A packet on Birth Control Pills advises you that ‘Do not use if you are pregnant, intend to become pregnant, or might be pregnant’.
Nytol Sleep Aid warns you that the medicine ‘May cause drowsiness’. It is for that purpose, isn’t it?
There is a Hair Coloring company that asks you not to use their product ‘as an ice cream topping’.
Fritos had a special promotion scheme, which stated that ‘You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside’

A couple of signs reportedly from Beijing and Norway............

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
A sign placed at roadworks by Avon & Somerset police :Doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH