Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
okay possibly the most silliest question asked, now don't laugh, I must promise not to laugh!!

Have any of you perchance had to wallpaper your motorhome???:xlaugh::xrofl:

I asked you not to laugh, I did not mention giggles. . . :lipssealed::dance2:

I said it was silly:xsurprised:

Merry Xmas everyone & a happy new year
Flook

PS, that is a serious question tho:xcool:

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Somebody suggested I did (I'm doing my conversion in a car park of sorts with lots of 'supervision' from the elderly neighbours and their carers)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
My mate did on an old Autoquest,after new spars, filling and glass fibre jobs where finshed,looks a treat.Had the outside refurbed with new Decals.
I happened to be watching East Midlands News (Yes in Porty land) and it panned to a garage he uses,there sat an A/Quest on the hoist,(Oily bits service),it looked like new,inside and out,so "Why not?"
Tea Bag.
PS. I should mention,he used to be a human mole................ But they shut the Pit:xeek: i Blamed ALL miners,for causing "Global warming" by letting sunshine into the bowls of the earth.His reply.."No,its ROUGH lorry drivers!!:xrofl::xrofl:"

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
This looks quite a good idea, not too expensive and handy for reference.
image.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
i just had an involuntary shudder at the mere mention of woodchip, that stuff must've been made to withstand nuclear fallout, that and cockroaches

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Friends with a RV have.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
i just had an involuntary shudder at the mere mention of woodchip, that stuff must've been made to withstand nuclear fallout, that and cockroaches
Hi
Romania '80. There were local shops we used,and one day,a big brown paper "Sack" arrived, i mean BIG. The Romanians fell upon it,tearing great holes in it,and the.....Prize?
This is as close a description i can say. .."Mini" rolls of Woodchip loo paper.The John Wyane of loo rolls.Rough,Tough and took **** from no one.
Lovely people and you where safe.
Tea Bag

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If it is a silly question I have answered it a time or two.
It's a personal pet hate of mine to see a Motor Home that looks like its been redecorated, especially when its done in the latest fad wallpapers
Laura Ashley style or Olde Worlde cottage, kitchen paper etcc if your even contemplating painting the wood work, then save your dosh and just set fire to it, Hate it, Hate it, Hate it.

However if you are talking refurbishing in a style very similar to the original design and taste, with perhaps subtle Colour changes, using decorative materials suited for the job
almost guaranteeing NO wallpaper joints every 21" then im with you all the way, you will be adding value not destroying it.
Proper wide vynal finished Paper for the wall panels stuck on with the correct pva adhesives not flour and water,professionally hung, quality sympathetically finished paint on ceilings if you must re paint it
In other words I want to see a nice clean well cared for van not a revamp that smacks you in the face screaming look at me im psycho.
I could cry at some revamps ive seen, it's in the eye of the beholder they say, there are an awfull lot of sight imaired folk out there
Arrogant yes Honest Yes You did ask
Iv'e refrained from those posters contemplating pics on the outside of their vans till now xroll::xdoh:
G

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ok. so first R-V had a massive water leak around the Bathroom window which had obviously been ignored, or not appreciated, It was dry when we acquired it, but it`s first UK winter put paid to that!.

Having taken out the window. I was forced to remove the rotten panelling below the window. A local Supplier (we live in "caravan country") had the plywood but nothing suitable as a match. So I replaced the panelling with white vinyl faced ply. Put the window back in with non setting mastic. And then went hunting the decorator shops, we came up with an "acceptable" Vinyl paper and put in on with PVA, end result? it looked original. Internal window surround back in, Job Done!.

Reactions: Geo

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
you'd only ever need one sheet!

An ex army man???

Take one sheet of loo paper and fold in half, then fold in half again. Put the corner in your mouth and tear a small bit out keeping it between your teeth. Open the sheet of loo paper now with a new hole in the middle and insert digit of choice. Use said digit to wipe your bum then when finished use the pre positioned sheet of loo paper to wipe finger clean. Now I can't stress just how important this bit is, with the other hand, remove the piece of tissue in your mouth and use that to wipe under the nail, sorted. ;)(y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We met a young couple in France they had recently got their Hymer-secondhand and were upset they couldn't get the plastics-round the doors etc inside-back to white-they discolour to a dirty yellow, so she was going to decoupage the areas in question!
I couldn't see that working really, what glue to use and I think it would just look a mess!
I think if I was going to 'wallpaper' a MH I would use a flat washable paper without a strong pattern or colour.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Sedge did their old caravan bathroom, the original upholstery colour scheme having been continued in there. She didn't feel she could live happily with fluorescent orange and ditto lime green tartan so the seat cushions became fawn and the bathroom (the only walls afflicted) was done in white vinyl with a faint surface pattern.

Looked OK actually.

Oh, BTW - it was a Hymer!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Have any of you perchance had to wallpaper your motorhome???
Why "had to"? Do you have a problem? - if so, that might affect the answer.

And Happy Xmas and New Year to you, too :xsmile:

OP
OP
Flook

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I have been overwhelmed by your fantastic responses, some I have laughed at, some I have thought mmmm.

However, CWH has asked the question, "why", to me simples, my Elddis is coming up to two years old, not looking at all shabby inside. BUT, those bits of strips are getting on my wick that are stuck over the inside paneling. Why it is there I do not have a clue, only it is peeling or curling up at the edges...:xsurprised:

I had the thought of papering the inside with "dandelion clock" style paper from Sanderson's, very cheap @ £47 a roll:cool:, with half a drop before re-alignment:cautious:. Then I thought nah, the curtains are a nice colour, why not have paper to match:notworthy:, similar price an all that. Possibly the map idea, that may paper over those pesky strips without anyone noticing:xeek:.

So keep your ideas coming in, please.:xThumb:

Seasons greetings to each and all:xgrin::Grin: and bring on the sunshine:sun::hot:

Flookie:cold:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back